Joliette/St-Paulin/St-Alexis des Monts/St-Zenon 13 march2011

towing

Despite the warm temp from the last days, krikri and I did ride from home in the south of lanaudiere last Sunday (13 march). We took #3 trail in Louiseville direction and switch north on the #350 to St-Paulin and Pourvoirie du Lac blanc in St-Alexis des Monts for the lunch. Here’s the day track in yellow…

trac13mars.jpg

1 Celcius at ride start and mild temp (no frost) since friday to sunday. The good snow fall from thursdat had melt about the half at home but there was still a lot of snow, wet snow. It ride nicely even no recent grooming, here near home…

DSC09777.jpg

I was surprised that St-Barthelemy snowmobile club had groomed after the snow and the trail was nice

DSC09782.jpg

Some water accumulation in the fields, especially closer to St-Laurence river but just few in the trail. Here the “new” Cabane a Gerry a St-Paulin rebuilt after a fire last year.

DSC09785.jpg

We then got north on the #350 trail and already see that there was more snow in the mountains and the snow cover was bigger. Nice trails, here on the Lac Blanc just before the pourvoirie and there was no slush.

DSC09787.jpg

The Lac Blanc pourvoirie

DSC09789.jpg

We continued on the #350 also called Gaston trail in this part. A lot of snow and groomed trail but a little bumpy because very soft snow (new wet snow)

DSC09798.jpg

Farther on the #350 at Koubec…

DSC09804.jpg

Very few water spots in the trails in all the north, a couple slushy spots on the whole track in the mountains, all the rest was fine

DSC09813.jpg

Réal Massé that close soon each years was at their last weekend. Like each years they groom a shortcut for the #345 south that can be take around 2 miles souther on the #350. The #345 was 10/10 very nice

DSC09824.jpg

DSC09829.jpg

This trail segment of 1,5 miles that was plowed for wood transport earlier in the season was now perfect

DSC09832.jpg

Here the little heated shed at the top of the hill in St-Damien

DSC09838.jpg

If it was winter in the north, it was unfortunaltely spring in the south… very slushy in the south of de St-Gabriel de Brandon and many water accumulations…

DSC09846.jpg

the track was vey nice

DSC09849.jpg

But the fields a little less. I had a blast to skipped over waters but the wife on my back seemed to had less fun than me ….

DSC09852.jpg

Same in St-Félix, there was nice trails but many slushy spots

DSC09855.jpg

And in Joliette sector near home

DSC09861.jpg

My Venture have a wet nose ??? I wonder why ???

DSC09866.jpg

It’s dull that now we have a good snow cover in the south the temperatue was too warm and we can’t keep it longer. I have not see a single dirt spot for the whole ride but with so much water and the warm temp on the forecast for the next days, the south snowmobile clubs give up and announced their closure.

In the north the temps remain colder, there’s more snow and near no water accumulations so we can hope to still ride a while if mother nature can cooperate a little… We got around -10 Celcius in the 2 last nights that help alot for the grooming team. St-Donat and St-Zenon reported good conditions up there…

Here the trail condition web site (just pay attention to the updated dates): http://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/theme/snowmobile/conditions

I will be up north next weekend…

:drinks:

Alain