''white road ''

groomer

http://video.telequebec.tv/video/6987/a-l-eau-l-hiver

i was zapping the tv earlier this week and found that documentary,i thought i would share even it s 99.9% french.took a few notes.since the last 2 years ,winter has been rough for them ,no ice and no cold temps.

winter on the lower north shore !!

winter for us is the end of isolation.last 2 winters has been hell.no ice ,no snow ,can t travel between villages.

''d o t '' of pq take care of the ''white road ''.it s 455 km for a population of 4500/5000

no winter affect eveybody,no activities at the school,no hockey tournaments between villages ,carnivals ,etc.

mayor said: he had to send a snowblower between his town and baie des moutons to put snow on the road.

they can t afford taking planes ,too expensive for a 15 mins flight.

mayor said;if you see 2 peoples talking together ,for sure they are talking about the weather.depressing for them ,because winter is the only ''exit '' for them to travel from one village to another.

about 200/400 tourists during the winter season.first time in the history of the lower north shore that the ''nordik express'' come twice a week to transport people from one village to another.

at the end the mayor said :gilles vigeault is a folkloric singer in pq .years ago he wrotes: my country, it s winter !!

mayor replied : he should write another song with the title :my country ,it s misery !!

groomer !!!