Trip Report, 1/14 to 1/16

arubenstein

Hello,

Just got back from a three day trip. These are my notes:

We left NJ Friday 1/13 about 10a and got to Hotel Roquemont in Saint-Raymond at about 8pm. The ride was mostly good, but hit snow and stuff around Plattsburgh. Never in my life have I seen the number of trucks and trailers I saw at "the rock" as I did last Friday. Had to be 50 of them.

1/14 - Got on the trail and decided to head towards La Malbaie. 73 South to Local to 3 North. Trails ranged from very good to pretty bumpy. Made it into the castle and relaxed.

1/15 - Left to head to HI/HS** in Jonquiere to watch the Giants game. Took 3 North to 83 West to 383 West. 3 Was good. 83 was perfect, some of the best sledding I've done in a while. 383 ranged from terrible to good. Light day, 118 miles. Got the HI/HS, had a conversation with the guy. They gave up the Holiday Inn moniker to become a Delta, which is a Canadian only brand. Only problem is, they have to renovate the entire hotel before they can become a Delta. So, in the interim, they are Hotel Saguenay. He said they are putting in $4.5m in upgrades; all rooms to be new, new restaurant, etc. Will be done by summer time.

1/16 - Decided to head back to truck, because my riding partner was suffering from a pretty bad cold. 383 East to 368 South to 23 South. 383 and 368 had just been groomed. We were the first ones on it. Got to Mont-Apica and ran into "Greg from Vermont." The ride through the park was unbelievably awesome.

Total of about 500 miles on three days of riding. Not a record by any sorts, but good days of good riding in a quick trip.

The pic was taken near L'Étape, QC on TQ-23 South yesterday.

post-202-0-82385900-1326836091_thumb.jpg

Edited by arubenstein

Did you take 3 through Charlesbourg? How was it? Want to take my group to stay at the Four Points there in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Yes, I did. It was OK. There was snow, but it needed to be groomed. Again, that was a Saturday morning so it was busy also. I imagine it would be fine during mid-week.