I motoneige app question

easyrider

I have been messing around with the interactive map via explora linked to the FCMQ web sight lately, and after seeing all it does I got the app for my ipod.

Now on the linked sight on my laptop I can toggle on and off the grooming interval, along with fuel, food, hotels etc, but on the hand held devise the grooming in missing, all the other stuff is right there. Am I doing something wrong?

I have the android version of the app. Grooming is not there either, all other amenities are there (although the fuel one is practically pointless because there are so few fuel stops actually listed.) I also understand based on feedback of others with Iphone that the iphone version of the app is buggier than the andriod version, especially the caching of maps for use when you're not on a network.

I have exchanged emails with someone at FCMQ involved with the app. There is an update in the works. As is the iPhone version of the app is limited by them choosing a very limited detail map for smaller file size and completely offline use. It was explained to me that the map was intended to be clear down to 5km resolution. In reality pixelation occurs at resolution greater than 10km. So for example I stayed at the 4 Points in Quebec City but the 2km connector over the golf course does not resolve on the map at all. Zooming in just makes the map fuzzier. The next update is supposed to allow the app to use the cell network to get finer detailed maps I assume to build upon the installed basemap limiting how much data is needed. Actually kind of ingenious; while you're in the bush it can rely on the onboard data traversing big county out of cell range and give you finer detail once you are in cell range. Hopefully, the grooming data is somewhere on the update road map.