Nominingue Golf to Stay in the Laurentians?

Fuse6

Travelling to Quebec first week of March with my son during his reading week.

May want to make it a sled and ski trip depending on conditions.

Nominingue Golf Club looks like it may be located that we could ski at Mont Tremblant or sled N from there up to Devil Mountain, Windigo etc in the Mount Laurier area.

Any comments.

Or a plan B maybe to forget ski option and plan to sled only. Familiar with the Comfort Inn and Quality Inn in Mont Laurier. Always though it would be nice to stay at one of the lodges to the N.

If we had a group of 4 guys which place would you suggest to rent a cottage or cabin for a few nights to do day loops from?

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,

Where are you coming from? St. Donat has great trails and a ski area right there in town. Also, I've stayed in St. Agathe de Monts with good trails and closer to Mt. Tremblant. Other than that, I would rent a cottage at Windago and do it up right with the all-inclusive package!!!

Never stayed in Nominingue, but know the trails fairly well around there. We just rolled through there on Sat the pitit train du Nord and the 319 are on good shape.

Another option is staying in Hotel Vacances Tremblant right off the 117 as you come into St Jovite. Lots of trailer parking in the back and while it is now a dead end, the trail is right there. 15minutes and you will be at your first junction where you could take 43 down toward lac des seizes Ile and beyond or continue on and about 20 minutes more you will reach you next intersection with a choice to go to weir and back around to lac des seize Ile or lac des plages and on to Duhamel. Also at that second intersection is a trail taking you across lac des les tois montange and onto the 323 bringing you into Labelle after about 40 minutes and the start of the petit train du Nord. Labelle to Mont Laurrier via the petit train du Nord railway bed is about 88km.

All the trails I mentioned were in top shape as of Sat the 13th of Feb.

Edited by Cnc