Trip report

Mid Range

Day 1 Maniwaki-Saint-Michel des Saints

We left Maniwaki thru TQ 13/63 . Then we took 324 toward Lac des iles.Crossed to Kiamika then 315 til Val-Barette.Trails were 9/10.

Val-Barette to L'Annonciation was 9/10 L'Annonciation to South entrance of Réserve Faunique Rouge-Matawin(Relais Balsam) was 6-7/10.Lack of snow at different spots.

From Relais Balsam til about 10-15 miles before Relais Rouge-Matawin the 63 has been rerouted and it is a fast and wide old logging road.Trail was 9/10 with bumpy curves.

From Relais Rouge-Matawin to St-Michel-des-Saints.Trail was brown and in very bad shape.I will let you guess why.

Total for the day: 204 miles

Day 2 Saint-Michel des Saints-Parent

It was a cold start of the day.Had quite a few ones the night before at the Central.We left at 9:00 a.m.We came back on the 318 until Manawan signs then took the 360 until 345 heading toward Pourvoirie Lac du Repos.we took 345 until the shortcut which is about 20 kms before Lac du Repos.This short cut will lead you back on Private trail 369 about 5 miles south of Relais du lac Chateauvert.We fueled up at the relais.136 miles from St-Michel.Bring cash to buy gas.Not too much traffic and since St-michel trails were 8/10.

From Relais du lac Chateauvert til Casey you are on Private trail 369.Oh boy that trail is fast.What a beauty.Be aware north of that relais there is a big washout and you must cross over a narrow bridge.North of Casey trail isn't that wide and fast til TQ 83 jct.Anyways 369 was 10/10. 83 to Parent is more of a twisted trail but trail was in pretty shape.8/10

Total for the day: 235 miles

Day 3 Parent-Maniwaki

We left at 8:30 a.m.We took 83 until TQ 13 jct.Trail was in pretty good shape.8/10.But it's was only for a few miles from Parent.Then we took TQ 13 south.The fun was about to begin.Until Pourvoirie Fer à Cheval, trail was a 5-6/10.Bumpy curves.Then from Fer à cheval, trail was freshly groomed until Pourvoirie Notawissi Jct.9/10

But from there to TQ 33 jct near JB Scott.Trail is in very very bade shape.I think they haven't groomed in a month or so.TQ 13 has been rerouted in that area and we do not cross the Réservoir Mitchinamecus but we go around it on the west side.Anyways from Notawissi jct and for about 15 miles til TQ 33,trail is a 2/10.

By the way we do not go thru JB Scott this year if you are on TQ 13.

It's always a roll of dice with the snowmobile club ''Alliance du Nord''

From TQ 13/33 jct til Sainte-Anne du lac on 13 south trail was 8-9/10.Wide and fast trail until we hit Tapani lake.

We stop in Sainte-Anne du lac for lunch then took the 13 south then 322.Those trails are maintained by Ste-Anne du lac and Ferme-Neuve and they were freshly groomed.9-10/10.The only area that was not as nice was the mont-laurier sector until we reached the Baskatong

We crossed the Baskatong Reservoir and 322 was in pretty good shape starting from the west side of Baskatong until TQ 13/63 junction.

13/63 was in good shape as well considering we were on a sunday late in the afternoon.We met the groomer abouth 10 miles north of Maniwaki on 13/63.

Those trails 322 and 13/63 were 8/10.

Total for the day: 201 miles

By the way We stayed at Vieux Moulin à scie in St-Michel.Condos are great.Place was fully booked this past friday.In Parent we stayed at the 4 season.Pay attention that the restaurant next to the motel is closed.

640 miles in total.Now we are waiting for the Big one.

• 3 weeks later...

Goose,

We went thru Parent this past Saturday and got gas at the Four Seasons. I asked the lady at the depanuer if there was another restaurant? She said that there is one up by Hotel Central. We didn't stop at it but apparently there is still food available. :D

Side Note: The first gas station coming in from the west (Clova side) either doesn't have and / or wouldn't let my wife use the restroom. :sad: So we don't use the gas pumps there either. :nea: Hence we scooted to the Four Seasons and surprise surprise. The restaurant was closed but the pumps are open. :good:

Goose,

We went thru Parent this past Saturday and got gas at the Four Seasons. I asked the lady at the depanuer if there was another restaurant? She said that there is one up by Hotel Central. We didn't stop at it but apparently there is still food available. :D

Side Note: The first gas station coming in from the west (Clova side) either doesn't have and / or wouldn't let my wife use the restroom. :sad: So we don't use the gas pumps there either. :nea: Hence we scooted to the Four Seasons and surprise surprise. The restaurant was closed but the pumps are open. :good:

rev1, I stayed at the Hotel Central many years ago, before the 4seasons was open.All I remember about the place was the beds whore about 5' long and floor was 6'' out of level.The walls were shaking from the loud boom-boom from the bar downstairs. But we use to always use to stop and eat at the restaurant.