revrnd

La Sarre to Cochrane Usage Question

This is kind of a question pertaining to past use when A105Q was open between La Reine & Cochrane. Over the years there was quite a bit of discussion from Ontario sledders using this trail to complete a loop. Our own group used A105Q to return to Ontario after two days of riding in Quebec. We had entered the province @ Notre Dame du Nord.

Did any of you ever use the A105Q as part of a loop while snowmobiling in the Abitibi-Temiscaming & northeastern Ontario regions?

Used that trail numerous times, starting in Cochrane, into Quebec and circling back to Cochrane from Kirkland Lake. 

On 2018-04-14 at 4:42 PM, 182ray said:

Yes back in ‘10 & ‘ 11 but haven’t been that way recently 

I'm not sure, but I think this winter was the 2nd that A105Q was closed. I will have to check my maps.

Looking @ the maps & it was shown on the 2017 version of the Ontario Trail Guide. I'm pretty sure the closure was announced before the start of the 16/17 season.

Edited by revrnd

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

I'm not sure, but I think this winter was the 2nd that A105Q was closed. I will have to check my maps.

No, hasent been open in 2 yrs. Dont think it ever will be, from what ive  read.  Was in the neighborhood 3 weeks ago  checking it out .......:hi:Next yr Im going to Wawa .

download (17).jpg

Edited by momojohnny

57 minutes ago, momojohnny said:

No, hasent been open in 2 yrs. Dont think it ever will be, from what ive  read.  Was in the neighborhood 3 weeks ago  checking it out .......:hi:Next yr Im going to Wawa .

download (17).jpg

Where is that intersection?

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

This help ? We where headed west on 93.  That is  old the Cochrane sign from the closed  A105 Q connection. I dont ride with a  GPS  so I dont know the exact spot sorry. 

download (16).jpg

81AA9989-BD5F-4EE9-9AB3-497E5E8265D0.thumb.jpeg.eab95c107b1e2702f05b307ef8cf5819.jpeg80638353-0AEF-4471-B9DF-2E1B3D1BB85C.thumb.jpeg.92b71cc7b7dd10920596dd77baadcd5e.jpeg

20C60690-DB6B-445C-82A6-FF7FCA1C3EE2.jpegA105 railroad bed hasn’t been groomed in many years.  Hope they start again next year.  Great access to Ontario trail network. It’s a long stretch of RR bed that never got a lot of use.  Maybe that’s why the grooming stopped.  

Edited by Florida Snowman

Ahh, memories. Been on that trail in those conditions a few times. First time was 15 years ago, were planning to start saddlebag trip from Cochrane into Abitiby region. Called ahead and was told trails were no good so left our bags in Cochrane and rode that trail east toward La Reine . When we got into Quebec couldn't believe what we found, Incredible trails, best we had ever seen. Long story short we went to store to buy toothbrushes and underwear. Saddle bag trip without bags, Bahaha