Post on FB concerning the Tremblant/ StFaustin bypass

Cnc

Bad news for the Tremblant/ St Faustin by-pass. Seems one form of government or another is determined to make the hoops impossible for the club to jump through. Here is a rough translation of what was posted by Diable et Rouge club. Frustrating is not nearly the word to discribe the situation. Hats off to the persistence of the club, 12 years and $170,000 spent to try and get a solution to our closed trail.

Mont-Tremblant, October 06, 2018

Subject: connecting the snowmobile trail between the municipalities of Saint-Faustin-LAC-Carré and Mont-Tremblant

To the stakeholders involved in the project to relocate the trail along route 117
Hello everyone!

I would like to take a few minutes of your time to take stock of the situation in the project of relocation of the snowmobile trail between the municipalities of st-Faustin-LAC-Carré and Mont-Tremblant.

After 12 years of intense negotiations.... on 18 December 2017, the representatives of the government of Quebec gave, at a press conference held in Saint-Faustin-LAC-Square, its agreement and the Financing necessary to achieve the connecting path linking three regions either lanaudière, laurentides and the outaouais. This project was the solution to the relocation of the trail of the train which was closed following the langlois judgment.
This is the state of the situation that concerns us:
May 2018: meeting with representatives of the mtmdet in Saint-Faustin-LAC-Square; they confirm that:
01 -- only the mtmdet is responsible for work and authorizations in road roll (which turns out to be wrong later)
02 -- the devil and red snowmobile club is the master of work and responsible for carrying out this project
03 -- the red devil snowmobile club is mandated to hire an engineering firm, what we did (Team Laurence, including Mr. Régis Gold ing. Is responsible).
04-the devil and red snowmobile club in the name of social acceptability must request the approval of the riparian owners, located below 30 metres from the new path... all signed the document and two passage rights... Documents delivered to mtmdet.
The Laurence Team, from may to date, presented and submitted all required and necessary documents to obtain authorisations and to carry out this project.

The leaders of the devil and red snowmobile club have invested, to date, in studies, plans, requests for authorization, etc., over $ 170 recently, officials have let us know that we must have An environmental authorisation certificate to build 3 abutments of bridge in a wet environment... the request was made via the engineering firm council, a consulting firm specializing in environmental studies.

On the other hand, the city of Mont-Tremblant has a regulation that prohibits all construction in a wet and / or flood plain... we therefore ask for a derogation from this regulation... deadline: not before middle or end November to have Derogation....

In addition, the city representatives of Mont-Tremblant let us know that we must have the approval of the residents established below 100 metres.... outside the law of the vhrr is very clear about this, the 30 standard. Meters Apply in this case, since it is a relocation of a path that existed before and not a new path: see law on the. So, inconsistency between the vhrr law and the municipal regulation.
Law Act
12.- the movement of off-road vehicles at a distance less than that fixed by municipal regulation or, failing that, less than 30 m from a dwelling, an installation operated by a health institution or a Area Reserved for the practice of cultural, educational, recreational or sports activities is prohibited except:
1° Express Authorization of the owner or tenant of the dwelling or reserved area;
2° on a public road or built in the field of the state under the conditions laid down in this law;
3° on a road or private road open to public traffic in road vehicles;
4° on a path established in an abandoned railway grip and indicated in a planning and development plan or a metropolitan planning and development plan;
5° in any other place determined by government regulation.
The distance of 30 m provided for in the first subparagraph shall be increased to 100 m for any new path set up after 31 December 2011. The path which has been changed in a small way, particularly following the Loss of a right of passage is not a new path.

A path whose route is changed pursuant to the second subparagraph shall not allow the movement of off-road vehicles at a distance lower than that existing in a place mentioned in the first subparagraph before the modification, unless this distance is at least 100 Mr.

Following all these binding demands, which come out of all parts, the representatives of the devil and red snowmobile club, dated 05 October 2018, despite their goodwill and all their efforts as well as those of several of you , have no choice but to see that there is a deadlock and are blocked in the construction and construction of our path housing road 117, at least for the winter 2018-2019. Season.
We are still waiting for the following permissions:
01 The permission of the city of Mont-Tremblant to build a bridge.
02.. the permission of the mrc of the laurentians to channel a stream of approximately 150 metres.
03.. the environmental authorisation certificate for the construction of a bridge in a wet environment
04... the acceptance by the municipal council of a derogation from the municipal regulation or the recognition by the authorities of the city of Mont-Tremblant, as stipulated by the law of the vhrr, that during a relocation of the trail, The Standard of 30 metres distance from residences applies.

For the devil and red snowmobile club; we are ready
We have the approval of the government of Quebec
We have the necessary funding
We have the permissions
All the plans are made and approved, we have the full collaboration of the companies and entrepreneurs in our region to achieve this important path that is so important to us and which is vital for the economic development of the businesses in our region.

Unfortunately, as a result of administrative regulations and obstacles, too short deadlines.... the representatives of the devil and red snowmobile club, despite all their goodwill, have no choice but to see that there is a deadlock and that we must with Regret, make the decision to postpone the completion of the saint-Faustin-LAC-Square connection trail in Mont-Tremblant, next year.

I take this opportunity, on behalf of the board members of the devil and red snowmobile club inc. And that of all the riders, to warmly thank all those who have worked all their energies to advance this dossier
Happy snowmobile season... Still!!!
By: Roland Leroy, President club snowmobile devil and Red Inc project manager

Intelligent positioning of the case by the clubs reps, where new paths require 100m setbacks and old paths just 30m, since this was there in the past it's an old path.

Bureaucrats try to make civilians believe they're enacting the 1st definition of this word, but it sure feels like the 2nd... 

der·o·ga·tion

1. an exemption from or relaxation of a rule or law.

2.  the perception or treatment of someone as being of little worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup DERROGATION you’re right on the money there Playhard. 

Spoke with a guy representing the Laurentians tourism office for snowmobiling for the region at the Drummondville show and that’s exactly what’s in the works holding off the right of passage for this year. Apparently there are some swamps that needed to be crossed and yup back to the frogs again, a protected species of frog is living in these swamps. So we all know where this is going.

According to the rep this is the last bureaucratic paperwork they need for the right of passage and seeing it got too late into the season to have it completed the protect was postponed for next season. He went on to assure me that linking trail will be absolutely open for next season. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

yup back to the frogs again, a protected species of frog is living in these swamps. So we all know where this is going.

So... an accidental chemical spill in that area..... do we need those frogs.... Really??? Really??

LOL

GutZ

7 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Yup DERROGATION you’re right on the money there Playhard. 

Spoke with a guy representing the Laurentians tourism office for snowmobiling for the region at the Drummondville show and that’s exactly what’s in the works holding off the right of passage for this year. Apparently there are some swamps that needed to be crossed and yup back to the frogs again, a protected species of frog is living in these swamps. So we all know where this is going.

According to the rep this is the last bureaucratic paperwork they need for the right of passage and seeing it got too late into the season to have it completed the protect was postponed for next season. He went on to assure me that linking trail will be absolutely open for next season. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Frogs are not the primary species I see in Quebec in the winter. In fact I can honestly say I’ve NEVER seen a frog in Quebec in the winter. They would probably be safe under the ice...

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

Frogs are not the primary species I see in Quebec in the winter. In fact I can honestly say I’ve NEVER seen a frog in Quebec in the winter. They would probably be safe under the ice...

We'll even pack it down to protect them and put up little marker posts so they know where to not go!

GutZ

Living in Quebec and having dealt with the the MRC des Laurentides ( same extra layer of government above the municipality as the club is dealing with ) regarding their over protective approach to humid zones and the environment on my my own property, I will believe it when I see it getting the trail open for next season. Kudos to the club for keeping up the fight. 

• 1 year later...

Finally ! the by pass between Saint-Faustin-Lac-Carré et Mont-Tremblant will be open next season !

8,5 km, name TQ43, so we can ride les Laurentides, Lanaudière et l’Outaouais area.

Ride Safe !

• 10 months later...