Hill and Gully Riders Club

sledfarmer

Great, thanks for the feedback.

We actually park right at the Hill and Gully clubhouse , which is about 10 min north of Mayo and by trail its 18 miles to Montpellier. Very nice clubhouse with a huge parking lot and they always welcome visitors .

4 hours ago, sledfarmer said:

Planning on a ride starting at the Hill and Gully and heading to the Cabonon later this week, does anyone know how trail conditions are from Mayo up to Duhamel ? I know further north is good , Im just a little concerned about the south.

Hi Sledfarmer ... Thanks for the compliment!  Up until this past weekend, conditions from the clubhouse north were all-round excellent.  Now, we're currently facing a minor challenge as the John Deere that grooms north towards Duhamel from the Clubhouse calved Saturday evening, and we only managed to limp it home yesterday morning (a hydraulic hose for the ramsteer popped a fitting and, while attempting to limp it home Sunday, electrical problems erupted.  We thought it was a bum alternator, but it turns out an electrical junction box under the cab became mangled.  We're currently waiting for our chief mechanic/dozer driver's garage to be available before trucking it south for repair.  In the meantime, our Pisten Bully will be doing double duty.  It will be heading up that section of trail starting 5:00 am tomorrow morning.

That heavy wet snow was just what the doctor ordered to put the finishing touches on our trails.  Once we get that all groomed, now that it's cold, things will be in great shape!  We're still lacking in the signage department, though, so the iMotoneige app would be a nice feature to have on your phone.

Dan

On 1/28/2020 at 1:35 PM, sledfarmer said:

Great, thanks for the feedback.

We actually park right at the Hill and Gully clubhouse , which is about 10 min north of Mayo and by trail its 18 miles to Montpellier. Very nice clubhouse with a huge parking lot and they always welcome visitors .

Hi Blueskyride ... if you're using Google maps, or perhaps a GPS, our civic address is 149 Chemin Inlet, Mulgrave et Derry.  Parking is available to everyone 24/7, and the clubhouse itself, which is a licenced bar/restaurant, is open weekends from 9:00 am each morning.  So, there's no need to suit up out in the cold if you're leaving on a Saturday or Sunday.  We're located about a kilometre or so directly north of Lac La Blanche, and the trail passed right through the yard.

Edited by Gullyrider

Thanks for the info. This should save an extra 45 min. off our next drive. BTW, I 'accidentally' purchased our 3-day permits through your club for this last trip. Meant to buy through the Valley Nation there in Montpellier since they've helped us in the past, but didn't figure this out correctly on line. You guys all do a great job!! 

3 hours ago, Blueskyride said:

Thanks for the info. This should save an extra 45 min. off our next drive. BTW, I 'accidentally' purchased our 3-day permits through your club for this last trip. Meant to buy through the Valley Nation there in Montpellier since they've helped us in the past, but didn't figure this out correctly on line. You guys all do a great job!! 

Hey, we're not proud .... we'll take your "accidental" money!  Still, we are very lucky to have the AMVN as neighbours.  Their grooming and signage are top notch.  I think we're there with our grooming, but it will take us years to match their signage!  I'll keep an eye out for N.Y. plates in our lot 'cause we're always pleased to be able to host our American neighbours.  Have a great winter ... 

14 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Gullyrider

Not sure if you frequent the clubhouse but is there a fellow by name of jeff hang out there still. He’s the tire guy and has a cottage nearby. Haven’t seen him in a while. He's a Good guy but not really a sledder. 

Hi doo4adoo,  I try to get to the clubhouse when I can, mostly on the way home from some excursion or other, and certainly at all the parties and special events.  The fellow you're remembering is Jeff Muldoon who has a cottage at Hawk Lake and I believe works (worked?) for Goodyear.   I can't claim to know him very well, but I certainly remember him from various events, and, as you say, he is a well liked and fun fellow.  Apparently he used to sled back in the day.  Exceptionally, the clubhouse will be open this Friday morning for the launch of our annual club trip, so I'll ask our bar gal Tammy if Jeff has been around so far this winter .... if anyone would know, it would be her.

10 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Yes that's him. I'm sure he still frequents the place.

Yep ... it's a good spot for snowmobilers and locals alike to drop in on winter weekends.  We sure do miss it once the snow's gone, but the off-season traffic doesn't warrant paying a someone to man the place during the spring, summer and fall.