Shawinagan Trails

800steve

Just got back from 3 days at Safari. I have to say most reports have been rather negitive. We rode 740 miles in 3 days and I have to say the I have never seen the trails better. Mid winter conditions. The river is all marked to Richards and as smooth as can be. Not marked to Maniwin, too many ice chunks. Pipeline to Latuque is 10/10 no washouts. 73 south to St raymond is a rocket ride. 3 and 23 very good, a little icy around Rogers, but they get alot of traffic. 360 to St Zenon has alot of snow and well groomed. 318 on the west of river is perfect. 318 on the east is now groomed all the way 353. We have going to Safari for a long time, and this ia as good early season riding as I have ever seen. Maybe Bernard is looking out for us. Steve

800steve

Thanks for the great trail report. Hav'nt seen much posted for that area yet. You said the river is smooth to Richards? That is great news. I think it's been about 4 years since it was that good. Usually an ice fiels to navagate about half way up.