Finaly made it to the Ice hotel

GTSE800

Rode from the Gov hotel in Shawiningan to the ice hotel.

Trails in great shape all the way there. 210 mile round trip.

It's realy something to see. its 15.00 to go in and a 150.00 to spend the night sleeping on a bed made of ice.

Some rooms have heat in them, but I would think if you turn it up to high the roof will leak!

And if you can't make it through the nite because of the cold, you can go in the main lodge.

Here are a few pic's

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

That is one place that me and Sandi haven't been to yet. We've been in the area many, many times but haven't stopped in. Great pics! Thanks.

How is the Gov in Shawinigan? Security for the trucks and/or sleds? Easy access?

We used to stay at the Auberge Grand Mere until it had a fire a few years ago. :sad: It is a nice area to start a trip from. Many options for trails.

Jack

Rode from the Gov hotel in Shawiningan to the ice hotel.

Trails in great shape all the way there. 210 mile round trip.

It's realy something to see. its 15.00 to go in and a 150.00 to spend the night sleeping on a bed made of ice.

Some rooms have heat in them, but I would think if you turn it up to high the roof will leak!

And if you can't make it through the nite because of the cold, you can go in the main lodge.

Here are a few pic's

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

Cool pix,we were there 3 year's ago.Don't think i would sleep there though but some people do.

We're looking to start out of Shawinigan for a 4 day loop in Feb.Can't wait.How is the Goverener Hotel you stayed at? We've never started in Shawinigan so looking for idea's,I see Bernard's posted on here a lot but I read what happened to him & was wondering if it's still as good?

Cool pix,we were there 3 year's ago.Don't think i would sleep there though but some people do.

We're looking to start out of Shawinigan for a 4 day loop in Feb.Can't wait.How is the Goverener Hotel you stayed at? We've never started in Shawinigan so looking for idea's,I see Bernard's posted on here a lot but I read what happened to him & was wondering if it's still as good?

The Gov is a very nice place to stay, they have a gated area for the sleds and a gated area for trucks and trailers with camera's.

Pretty easy acess to the trails, you cross one bridge and 2 sections of the river which is very safe.

What I like about starting in Shawiningan, its central location in PQ, you can head east to St Raymond or Saguenay or head west to St Zenon.

I never stayed at Bernards,(Motel Safari) but I heard many good things about it.

Shawinigan is a great place to base out of and it does offer access in all directions. I have been staying at Motel Safari for many years with Bernard and Jocylene. They have nice comfortable rooms and have great secure gate parking for trucks trailers and sleds. Bernard will be missed, but his wife is making a go of the place in the same way. Give her a call at 819-539-2664 to get info. I will be heading there later this season. Their trail conditions in the Maurice region are reporting good. :drinks:Here's one for Bernard

Both of the other recommendations would be fine. I started from Auberge Escapade for the first time last weekend and was very happy. It is located just off the highway (you can see it on the left) 1 exit north of the exit you would get off for Gov. It is more to the North so it saves some of the jockying to get out to the main trails and is close and easy to gas. Have a great trip. Everyone is correct that you can get everywhere for there with nice loops if you choose to tour.