Good riding gear in cold temps

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday, when Farmerold and I started out riding it was -33F and it got up to -25F at 12 noon. I was wearing my Choko Extreme Jacket,Tec Vest. Choko soft shell liner, long underwear and my Choko Extreme Cordura pants, fleece pants and long underwear. I can honestly say that I very comfortable riding in those temps with this gear.

Yesterday, when Farmerold and I started out riding it was -33F and it got up to -25F at 12 noon. I was wearing my Choko Extreme Jacket,Tec Vest. Choko soft shell liner, long underwear and my Choko Extreme Cordura pants, fleece pants and long underwear. I can honestly say that I very comfortable riding in those temps with this gear.

"Farmerold will comment on his gear right after he thaws out" :lol:

Bill- See you wear a tek vest. I've been riding with one since 2002. I'm surprised the whole extra protection hasn't caught on more than it has. I still get asked all the time "What's that? How much?" Ohh too expensive..!! I busted a few ribs grass dragging years back and decided it was time to pick one up-Worn one ever since.

Cold temps like that definitley test how good your equipment is!!! I have been wearing a Tek-Vest for a few seasons after a couple of close calls with some "southern tier cowboys" on my side of the trail. Plus it helps with the warm factor!! :good:

My suit is made by Angora and I love it never cold -20and under i will wear long johns under my sweat pants but normaly i don't. Sometimes i wear a polar fleece sweater that has a full zipper opening because i usually take it off a couple of miles down the trail. Hubby wears Choko and he has no complaints.