Mt.Laurier to Val d'Or via La Domaine

Trailblazer

I'm planning a 3 day loop from Mt.Laurier to Val d'Or through the parc,then over to Clova and reurn to Mt.Laurier from the 20th to the 22nd,i heard there had been some problems with the trail from La Domaine to the Joncas/Louvicourt intersection(L'Ours Blanc web site said it was closed) but i've been hearing about riders going through on a single path trail,does anyone have some up to date information on this trail.

I was up in Abitabi last season entering the region via Clova,between Balbuzard and Lac Fallion was a detour(due to a forest fire i heard) it had got to be the worst trail i've ever been on in this region and Abitabi is known for their wide,flat fast trail system,i hope there was something done about that nastyness. Can someone bring me up to date on this. Thanks, love to go back,was a blast when i was there last season. JG

I'm planning a 3 day loop from Mt.Laurier to Val d'Or through the parc,then over to Clova and reurn to Mt.Laurier from the 20th to the 22nd,i heard there had been some problems with the trail from La Domaine to the Joncas/Louvicourt intersection(L'Ours Blanc web site said it was closed) but i've been hearing about riders going through on a single path trail,does anyone have some up to date information on this trail.

I was up in Abitabi last season entering the region via Clova,between Balbuzard and Lac Fallion was a detour(due to a forest fire i heard) it had got to be the worst trail i've ever been on in this region and Abitabi is known for their wide,flat fast trail system,i hope there was something done about that nastyness. Can someone bring me up to date on this. Thanks, love to go back,was a blast when i was there last season. JG

the trail to Joncas is suppossed to be groomed as of last week , i was told i have a group going there in a couple weeks like you . before that it wqas a single trail not groomed

TQ 63 is open and groomed right up to joncas.As for TQ 83,according to the owner of Auberge Clova,the trail has been rerouted this winter a bit farther to the north thru Monet.There's a 15 kms stretch which is a bit narrow.

Clova-Monet : 35 km

Monet-Balbuzard: 91 km

Balbuzard-Lac Faillon: 76 km.

Thanks guys,any info on when they're going to rebuild Forsythe and if the trail will continue to pass through his front yard again. Hospitality was always very comforting there and that fireplace ohhh that fireplace there was a few told around there.JG

TQ 63 is open and groomed right up to joncas.As for TQ 83,according to the owner of Auberge Clova,the trail has been rerouted this winter a bit farther to the north thru Monet.There's a 15 kms stretch which is a bit narrow.

Clova-Monet : 35 km

Monet-Balbuzard: 91 km

Balbuzard-Lac Faillon: 76 km.

Here's a pic from last year between Louvicourt and Joncas,nevermind the camera setting,it was colder than a witches tit that day and had to change batteries,didn't feel like fumbling with the settings.