need advice on 5 day loop

catmandu

Hello all. Was wondering if anyone who has experience in touring the north side of the St. Lawerence river could recommend destinations on where to stay. I am traveling from NY state (Buffalo area) and want to plan a 5 day loop (riding 5 days anywhere from 200-300 mi per day) I have ridden northern ontario numerous times along with 2 trips in albitibi-temiscaming area of Quebec. I would like to start either in lanaudier or the laurentides region and work up towards the saguenay- lac st. john region.

Was wondering if this was realistic or too far. I only have a top trail map to plan from, and they do not have alot of detailed info. I also have the hotel guide that quebec tourism put out as to there "recommended hotels".

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for the response. :help:

If you are headed in from western NY, naturally I would go the least distance possible by truck. I would start the trip in Lanaudiere, either Ste-Agathe, or St-Donat. There are a few reputable places to park your truck. Then head trough the Park Mont Tremblant on TQ33, bang a left on TQ13, 1st night stay in Parent. Day two hit 83 Towards Roberval, spend night two in Roberval, but if you can push it a little further day two, get to the Holiday Inn in Jonqiuere, you will sleep well that night. Day three, go north from Jonquiere towards les monts Vallin. Stop @ LaChappelle to get the local trail map. From LaChappelle head east on the trail known as les Escoumins, see how far you make it that day due to weather in the Mountains, which if you are lucky and get a blue bird day, keep the camera ready! Night three Near Tadoussac. Get to the ferry early in the morning headed south on TQ3. Again determine how far you want to travel and stay in the Charlevoix region, Quebec city. Then day four keep on trucking West on TQ3. Days Inn in Bertierville night four. Get up at a decent time day five head back through the Tramlant Park via TQ63 then bang a left @ 33 in the Park, probably need gas on the right though, I will let you decide whether you need to hit the same relais you hit day one on the way out of the park, they close early on Sunday and during week days, so don't mess around in the park too long. Then go back through the park staying right on TQ33, all the way back to the truck.

The only variation would be day three ask Bill to guide you around the mountains in Monts Vallins, ask about the cave! Then take TQ23 south on day 4. Staying night 4 in St Raymond. Day five would be much longer this way, though.

Have a blast. Guardez la Droite @ ALL TIMES! Be safe and post pics of the trip on here when you get back. :drinks: