Shawinigan-Roberval-St.Raymond

NHTOM

Rode Saturday from Escapade, 347 to 318, to 360 topped off gas at St.Joseph de mekinac. Trails were very hard, but enough lube.Then up the pipeline( 355 Pipeline). The pipeline was perfect. Flat, hard, fast and zero bumps.Then 73 east briefly to 355 North, lunch at relais trapper, awesome food. Then gassed up in Lac Edourd. Up to this point the trails were amazing. I was nervous that grooming would cease on the 355 north of the lake, but, my wrong, it was groomed the whole way to 83 at lac Bouchette! Took 83 west to 473 (I think?) into Roberval. Stayed at the Chateau roberval. Nice place. Pool , hot tub, good meal/room packages. For $74 Can you get dinner, Bfast and room. Tent for the sleds was full, and most sleds are worth more than ours so no need to worry....... BTW theres thin sno near the big lake. I mean it goes from 2 feet in Lac bouchette to 6 inches (maybe) near the lake. Trails are still groomed flat anyway.

Sunday morning we rode across a club trail on the lake thats staked for 6 miles. This trail saves back tracking on 83 towards lac bouchette. Came off the ice hit, 83 west to 23 south.

23 South was just about a 10 the whole way down to St. Ray. Never seen the whole stretch this good. Also, the higher up in elevation the more loose snow there was. So most of 23 had no ice at all, in fact theres only the slightest crust. My son spent a fair amount of time carving powder turns in the gravel pits and hydrolines off 23.

Monday morning we headed east to brunch at Rogers Cabin, then on the trucks and gone at 1:30. Thought the trails might be a little rough Monday after a sunday, but wrong again I think they groomed most of them last night. Total mileage 580. Weather was mild and sunny. 20's by day, 10 at night. In other words perfect.

So...., I need to get rich so I can stay up there all winter. :drinks:

Great trip report, only thing missing is a few pics. I know it's a pain to stop and take the gloves off, but I like to document the trips with pics so I can gaze back during the summer to remind me why I make the year round payments on a machine you can only use for 12 to 16...if lucky... weeks a year. We did that loop about a month ago, great scenery and no traffic between LeTrapeur and lake Bouchette. The two groomers they have at the top relais just before you get into Roberval are the biggest machines of their kind I have ever seen, the groomed swath after one pass down and one pass back up leaves a racetrack coming into and leaving town, great fun. Lets hope some more snow hits us soon. I like not smelling the slides burn up under me. This is what it looked like a month ago. :drinks: