questions on the ski doo skandic

Blueblood

I'm considering a skandic extreme 900r for next year.  was wondering how these sleds do on the hard packed trails in quebec.   problems cooling them?  ice scratcher assuming is mandatory.   1.8 track is for sure bigger than I'd like.  are they alot to muscle down the trail?

I have an extreme with the 1.8 track...and hands down it's the best track I have ever ridden and no problem what so ever on the trail....very quiet and no vibration...just like they advertise it being silent drive...the traction is mind bending and it allows for lift in deep snow and will climb nearly anywhere a summit will...much better than my backcountry...wish they offered that 1.8 on the 146 backcountry...it would really make that sled much better. I,m not sure about the trail ride on the strut suspension...that would be my only concern as it's a narrow front end and I don't know how well it would or wouldn't respond to high speed cornering or trail riding 200 mile days...but I'm sure the 900r is going to be incredible in these sleds, I'm probably going to trade my 850 extreme for a 900r extreme, they go down the trail very nice...smoothest ride you will find.