St raymond-L'tape-St Anne de beaupre

NHTOM

Traillered up to the roquemont on the 26th. Went for a quick spin up 73. Groomed, smooth but thin. That night it snowed close to a foot then went to rain by 8am, Ugh. Donned hideaous rain gear and thought against 23 and l,tape . Stayed local , went to Relay Marmite on 73 . Awesome food there btw. Met a rider from Latuque who reported no grooming from Latuque in any direction. So we doubled back to St Ray and the rain ended. On the 28th we pounded our way north on 23 to L tape. If this trail had been groomed earlier I couldnt tell. There was 2 feet of new snow from the 27th, and about 4 feet total on ground. Needless to say we hoped after Ltape we would see grooming. No such luck. In fact a gent from Lac St Jean told me 23 north was un-groomed and Mt Apica was not open. So...., we headed down 369. This was the same as 23. Basically half assed powder riding. Got down to trail 3, still zero grooming. Took the 320 to St Anne de beaupre and followed a groomed trail for 1 mile to the groomer barn. So we had 1 smooth mile all day. Called JoAnn at Motel Charlie and she picked us up at the groomer barn . This is a great place to stay. 2 bedroom Condo w/ asleeper and a full kitchen is $129 total ! My buddy had ripped his saddle bag and JoAnn's Mom fixed it for free. JoAnns english is super and anything you need , Beer, food, Bank she'll taxie you around for free. Her place has resteraunts Tim Hortons etc within walking distance as well.

On the 29th we took off from St Anne, gassed up on the 120 by the ski hill, and headed west on 3. Everything had been groomed over nite and 3 thru quebec city was very smooth. All trails were 8-10, and as the temps were now down around 10F, very fast.

So typical of early season, each day was better and now trails are approaching mid-winter perfection.

On the ride home yesterday all trails we saw in mid Quebec and the townships were groomed dead flat. Even Drummondville looked very rideable.

Heres to a great safe season for all!! :drinks:

I agree with you about Joann.She is a great host.Stayed there a few times.Is the Thai restaurant still in business?

http://www.motelcondocharley.com/

Yes it is! I wanted to go, but a couple of guys in our group arnt big on ethnic food, so it was off to St Huberts for demi poulet.

As a side note I would add that I saw more locals out riding during this Xmas season then Ive ever seen. Also saw way more folks on sleds than quads even near Quebec.

Sure looks like a good sign for the future. :good:

I agree with you about Joann.She is a great host.Stayed there a few times.Is the Thai restaurant still in business?

http://www.motelcondocharley.com/

I stayed there many years ago,it was the first year she bought the place from her dad,we had some drinks with her and joked around alot,great personality. Will stay there again should i be in the neighborhood.

Traillered up to the roquemont on the 26th. Went for a quick spin up 73. Groomed, smooth but thin. That night it snowed close to a foot then went to rain by 8am, Ugh. Donned hideaous rain gear and thought against 23 and l,tape . Stayed local , went to Relay Marmite on 73 . Awesome food there btw. Met a rider from Latuque who reported no grooming from Latuque in any direction. So we doubled back to St Ray and the rain ended. On the 28th we pounded our way north on 23 to L tape. If this trail had been groomed earlier I couldnt tell. There was 2 feet of new snow from the 27th, and about 4 feet total on ground. Needless to say we hoped after Ltape we would see grooming. No such luck. In fact a gent from Lac St Jean told me 23 north was un-groomed and Mt Apica was not open. So...., we headed down 369. This was the same as 23. Basically half assed powder riding. Got down to trail 3, still zero grooming. Took the 320 to St Anne de beaupre and followed a groomed trail for 1 mile to the groomer barn. So we had 1 smooth mile all day. Called JoAnn at Motel Charlie and she picked us up at the groomer barn . This is a great place to stay. 2 bedroom Condo w/ asleeper and a full kitchen is $129 total ! My buddy had ripped his saddle bag and JoAnn's Mom fixed it for free. JoAnns english is super and anything you need , Beer, food, Bank she'll taxie you around for free. Her place has resteraunts Tim Hortons etc within walking distance as well.

On the 29th we took off from St Anne, gassed up on the 120 by the ski hill, and headed west on 3. Everything had been groomed over nite and 3 thru quebec city was very smooth. All trails were 8-10, and as the temps were now down around 10F, very fast.

So typical of early season, each day was better and now trails are approaching mid-winter perfection.

On the ride home yesterday all trails we saw in mid Quebec and the townships were groomed dead flat. Even Drummondville looked very rideable.

Heres to a great safe season for all!! :drinks:

Hi Tom, Gary Pruitt here aka mached. It is great to put a face to a name. We spoke at the Roquemont. Glad you had a good trip. When will you be back?