Starting at Saint-Raymond

keyboardman

Hi folks, just new to the forums and looking forward to sharing information about conditions in Quebec.

Has anyone out there been from Saint-Raymond to Roverval via trail 23 in the last few days?

We're planning our trip begining Feb. 27 and would love to get some intel on our starting point.

We plan on sleddin around the Lac Saint-Jean/Mont Valin/Chicoutimi area for the week and from what I gather the conditions in this area seem fairly good.

Many thanks

keyboardman

Hi folks, just new to the forums and looking forward to sharing information about conditions in Quebec.

Has anyone out there been from Saint-Raymond to Roverval via trail 23 in the last few days?

We're planning our trip begining Feb. 27 and would love to get some intel on our starting point.

We plan on sleddin around the Lac Saint-Jean/Mont Valin/Chicoutimi area for the week and from what I gather the conditions in this area seem fairly good.

Many thanks

keyboardman

Just got back Thurs from this area, withe upcoming snow, I think you will be fine. Areas around towns may a little dirty, but other than that should be fine. Steve

Thanks Steve, we'll give it a try.

The forecast looks good for some fresh powder to brighten things up as well.

Keyboardman

Just did that loop on Monday. You will need to park north of St-Raymond. There is no snow left on the trail! Once you go up the hill behind St-Ray, 23 is great!

I want a sticker that says, I love TQ 23!

Once you get to the intersection of ?? and 23, take a right to get into Jonquiere is was a little rough, but plenty of snow. Jonquiere itself could use some snow.

Once you get up to the Lac, you must go up to Les Monts Vallins! It is a different world up there.

I will get some pics up tonight