quick ride report 3/6 - 3/8

JToys

Started at Hotel Motel 232 in Montmagny Saturday morning, a bit rough for the first two miles. Took the 5 up to RDL and then on to Rimouski. Trail was in pretty good condition all day, was a bit wet/slushy and getting down to Hotel Rimouski was a nightmare (made me want a set of skiwheels). Sunday we heading east on 578 to 579 to 5, all was good with some small studder bumps, got down to 548 and from St Narcisse to Sqautec it was a nightmare! Whooped out bad and pure mud and rocks in certain sections, very very very bad. Had lunch in Sqautec and headed back north on 571, this was relly nice riding. Got on 5 north back towards St Eugene and took the 518 back around south towards Trois Pistoles. Got on the 5 and headed to RDL for the night. 5 and 518 were really nice riding. Monday morning at 7:30 we headed out on 5 back to Montmagny, groomer was out all night, but the cold tems made it pure ice and we basically were stopping every 10 miles to cool down the sleds and get some snow on the slides. Groomer looks to have stopped somwhere around 557 intersection and it was pretty bad until intersection 553, but there was good snow still. Nice from there back to Montmagny, but three miles from hotel 232 its bad, mud, rocks, ect.

All in all, it was about 70% good, 15% bad, and 15% down right ugly!! But we got 640 miles in and we didn't think we were going to go three days prior to that so I am thankful for one last ride of the season.

2800 miles this year, not bad!

Started at Hotel Motel 232 in Montmagny Saturday morning, a bit rough for the first two miles. Took the 5 up to RDL and then on to Rimouski. Trail was in pretty good condition all day, was a bit wet/slushy and getting down to Hotel Rimouski was a nightmare (made me want a set of skiwheels). Sunday we heading east on 578 to 579 to 5, all was good with some small studder bumps, got down to 548 and from St Narcisse to Sqautec it was a nightmare! Whooped out bad and pure mud and rocks in certain sections, very very very bad. Had lunch in Sqautec and headed back north on 571, this was relly nice riding. Got on 5 north back towards St Eugene and took the 518 back around south towards Trois Pistoles. Got on the 5 and headed to RDL for the night. 5 and 518 were really nice riding. Monday morning at 7:30 we headed out on 5 back to Montmagny, groomer was out all night, but the cold tems made it pure ice and we basically were stopping every 10 miles to cool down the sleds and get some snow on the slides. Groomer looks to have stopped somwhere around 557 intersection and it was pretty bad until intersection 553, but there was good snow still. Nice from there back to Montmagny, but three miles from hotel 232 its bad, mud, rocks, ect.

All in all, it was about 70% good, 15% bad, and 15% down right ugly!! But we got 640 miles in and we didn't think we were going to go three days prior to that so I am thankful for one last ride of the season.

Nice riding this year JToys. I think I put on 2801 miles. Good thing your sled is black so it didn't show the mud from the bogs. See you next season.

seems like everybody that did a long trip this year paid their dues somewhere along the way.

We were up here a day or so ahead of Brian and John............Brian, next time you see me say something, even if we are in a place with a bad reputation............we had great riding from Lac Etchimin to RDL besides all the stops to fix the Ski-Doos........St Magliore area was awesome and found some great hills to challenge anything but a longggggggggg track.......would like to go get a few more miles in but I think that will require some back woods trailering from here on out.....crappy year miles wise but way more boondocking than other years.....ended up with around 2400....probably 250 off trail.......John, you want to go find the rest of the snow call me............