Trail Permits

zrtkat

Just wondering if it is possible to purchase our year trail pass before we get the Vin # we have 2 new snowmobiles on order and hopefully will take delivery before December 9th deadline . But would like to know if we have a option on purchasing our permits .??

Thanks tried to do FAQ on website for permits did not find any info

Zrtkat

12 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Just wondering if it is possible to purchase our year trail pass before we get the Vin # we have 2 new snowmobiles on order and hopefully will take delivery before December 9th deadline . But would like to know if we have a option on purchasing our permits .??

Thanks tried to do FAQ on website for permits did not find any info

Zrtkat

Probably not. As well as the VIN, you will need to enter a registration number from your home state , which you need the VIN to obtain....

I emailed them and it is not possible to get a permit without the Vin Number.

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot purchase a trail permit in advance if you are missing the #VIN number. You may inquire with your snowmobile dealership if they may be able to get the number in advance for you.

Thank you,

1 minute ago, Signfan said:

Just fill in xxxxxxxxx for a vin if you dont get it in time.

That might certainly work, but could be problematic if he were to get stopped.... They are (understandably) very fussy about these permits. Both to ensure every sled on the trail has a paid permit, but also to be the insurance piece is associated with the appropriate sled and owner/rider. I guess in the big cost picture, $90 Canadian is not going to affect a U. S. rider's season that much. Or, so it seems to me. Probably the difference of 2-3 fuel fills. Hopefully the sled comes in on time.🤞

Following !!

12 minutes ago, 800steve said:

You could register your old sleds and transfer when the new ones come in. $35 each if they wont let you do the XXXXX.

Best idea.

the xxxxx’s was covid time only. I believe it does not accept that anymore. 

2 hours ago, 800steve said:

You could register your old sleds and transfer when the new ones come in. $35 each if they wont let you do the XXXXX.

That would save the US rider about $30