Attn Quebec riders

Greg du Vermont

Attn Quebec riders

Once again it’s time to prepare. Since 1984 I have had the great pleasures and experiences of enjoying the sport of snowmobiling throughout Quebec. Last Winter I became aware of an organization which I feel all Quebec riders should be aware of and consider supporting.

The Association des motoneigistes du Quebec (AdmdQ) Quebec Snowmobilers Association in English is a non profit organization whose mission is to provide a unified voice for snowmobilers to promote, preserve and protect the practice of snowmobiling throughout the province of Quebec.

The AdmdQ also actively defends the concerns of snowmobiliers when special interest groups, individuals or government threaten the future of our incredible Winter activity. Remember the UPA dispute?

In addition to this important mission, the association also tries to create and offer several additional benefits to its’ members.

One exceptional benefit of particular interest to me, was that an AdmdQ membership also includes membership in the “Air Medic” air ambulance service.

The Air Medic membership can be purchased through Air Medic at $25 per year for an individual, but is included in the annual $10 AdmdQ membership. Active members of the AdmdQ (Quebecers or not) are covered by the service of Air Medic air ambulance while snowmobiling anywhere in Quebec. As you know, much of Quebec’s trail system is located in beautiful but remote and difficult to access areas. Access to this time saving medical service could truly be life saving. Even if you go to Quebec once per season I think that this benefit alone is a deal plus the AdmdQ helps to ensure the future of our sport in Quebec for years to come.

To become a member of the AdmdQ, is to create in numbers a more powerful voice to protect the sport of snowmobiling into the future!

The AdmdQ recently translated much of their web site into English to invite more of Quebec’s snowmobile community to participate in their mission and enjoy the benefits. Just keep in mind that correct French does not translate directly into correct English.

Anyone who wishes to learn more about the AdmdQ or the Air Medic program can find additional information at the following links.

http://www.admdq.org/bienvenue.html

http://www.admdq.org/welcome.html

http://www.airmedic.net/

If you happen to open to the French version of the AdmdQ you can find an English section button, just look around.

Joining the AdmdQ is “pay pal” push a button easy ($10 Can) and your membership card and Air Medic access stickers will be mailed to your address.

Thanks for reading, let’s protect ourselves and the future of the sport we love. I believe this to be a worthy organization with a huge safety bonus at minimal cost to those of us fortunate to ride Quebec.

Your feedback posts are appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
My e-mail AdmdQ news comes in french also. Gives me a chance to practice my bad french, then use translator to see how well I understood. Thanks for the notes guys. Here's to a great season.

If I can help someone with ''bad french'' :pardon: , juste let me know! :D

I am a little new here...Directly on the southern shore of Quebec City!

If you come in Chaudière-Appalache, I will be happy to show you the Massif du Sud ( St-Magloire snowmobile Club) and its surroundings! In the trail and off-trail :good:

Here are some pictures!!

All the best & lots of snow for 2008 :clapping:

Great to have you thinking snow, Switchback. Thanks for supporting the mission of the AdmdQ and protecting our sport (and yourself) for the future.

Where are you located on the South side of QC, Levis?, Montmagny? That is a great area. I will be making a ride from that area to RDL the 3rd week of January.

Great to have you thinking snow, Switchback. Thanks for supporting the mission of the AdmdQ and protecting our sport (and yourself) for the future.

Where are you located on the South side of QC, Levis?, Montmagny? That is a great area. I will be making a ride from that area to RDL the 3rd week of January.

Hi Greg!!

I will always be a member! :clapping: For the price and for the cover that we have....It would be stupid not to get that! :shok:

In addition, they are very close to the table of dialogue on the off-road vehicles(snowmobile & ATV) that the government established.

Well, I'm from St-Nérée-de-bellechasse! It's between Lévis & Montmagnmy...in the back country..more or less half and hour from both cities!!

Can even be your tour guide...for free, :drinks: if you pass in the week-end! :good:

All the best Greg!!

Recently I recieved a PM regarding joining the AdmdQ and how you seem to be able to get to the palpal button before filling out the membership info section. This is slighly confusing, a portion of my response follows

Before you push the paypal button be sure that you go to the first step of the membership process which is to fill out the membership info and address section. There has been some confusion with this as it is possible to go right to the paypal button without filling out the info section first.

Thanks for your support of the AdmdQ. The issues that are more frequently popping up throughout quebec remind me of issues which have had a negative impact on our sport here in the states over the past 15 years. Government reguation, special interest, evironmentalist, posted lands, trail closures, lack of volunterrism, they have all found their way into the homeland of sledding.

We really need a unified voice, on guard, vigilant and ready to act when problems arise, backed by a large membership, statistics and supporting data to defend, promote and protect the future of our sport.

Your help in speading the word of the AdmdQ is appreciated. Without a doubt all Quebec riders should support this organization's work

If you have had any problem with pushing the paypal button without first filling out the info section let me know.

If you are or have become an AdmdQ member chime in to let us know who you are and help to keep this topic near the top for the season.

Additional info on the paypal thing, upon further investagation I find the following (translated) info. Hope it helps

"A subscrïption membership must be done in 2 phases. The visitor who wants to become a member begins to be directed by Paypal for payment. Then when payment is made (and only if it is done), the visitor is redirected to the top of the Admdq who will ask him his name and contact information and the inforamation will be forwarded to AdmdQ."

"If the member just hits Paypal, and then closes their browser, AdmdQ will receive notice of a Paypal paid membership, but no information on the member. Nothing is perfect. Perhaps the site can be modified to better explain the procedure from the beginning, so that when users click on the button that will send payment by Paypal, they understand that they should return to the site of the Admdq to complete the information process."

I guess it was originally set up this way so that you could not register all your membership info without paying your fee first. So it is ass backwards for a bit, but all will work out fine in the end. :drinks:

Mr Gutz and all, Sorry for my original mis -information on this subject. :nea: