Riding This Weekend

viper2

Anyone heading up this weekend? I know there are slim pickings but just wondered if anyone is making the trip?

Heading where? Where we are (ottawa) and north to Mont Laurier apparently has almost no snow. It was falling today but still not enough for the trails.

Heading where? Where we are (ottawa) and north to Mont Laurier apparently has almost no snow. It was falling today but still not enough for the trails.

Some friends and family are heading up to Le Cabanon at St.Zenon. They know conditions are not great but my nephew is home from college and is going up for his first trip to Quebec. They will have to ride mostly north from there and if they are lucky they will be able to get as far east as Riviere Matawin.

Some friends and family are heading up to Le Cabanon at St.Zenon. They know conditions are not great but my nephew is home from college and is going up for his first trip to Quebec. They will have to ride mostly north from there and if they are lucky they will be able to get as far east as Riviere Matawin.

2002Silverex posted this on HCS earlier tonight. "On my way back from cabannon. Need a foot of snow, trails are smooth but No snow... Sleds overheating, ruining hifax... Stay home "

2002Silverex posted this on HCS earlier tonight. "On my way back from cabannon. Need a foot of snow, trails are smooth but No snow... Sleds overheating, ruining hifax... Stay home "

Thanks for the heads up snobeeler :good: I know the conditions are poor and I wouldn't want to go up myself because I like to ride at least 200 mi. or more each day. The problem they have is my nephew is home from college and this is the last week he can go. It's his first trip to Quebec and there is also another person who hasn't ridden before. This may actually work well for them because traffic will be nil. My dad has some easy days planned and has talked to Denis and found out where he can and cannot go. He has been riding that area of Quebec since the very early 80's and really knows his way around especially some of the summer roads that used to be used for trails. These roads that have not been groomed this year won't have the ice and really I think he will be happy if they can go 100 miles most days and get some experience for these rookies. Sometimes after riding for so many years we forget how much fun this sport can be when you are first starting and are not worried about big mile days or besting your mileage from last year. They won't be on the trail real early and they surely won't be riding in the dark,just a nice vacation with some riding,swimming maybe a hot tub and some good food and the chance to meet some new friends. :drinks: