heads up on Lépine road- Part 2

Mid Range

We left Maniwaki at 8:00 a.m.saturday morning.Took 13 north then 322.Crossed Baskatong Reservoir then up to Rabaska Lodge.Trails were in good shape.Then we took the woodrunner trail until Lépine road.That trail was bumpy.5/10.Once your on the lépine road.Trail runs on the shoulder for maybe 1.5 miles until the Pensive which is now open as a relay where you can eat and they sell gas as well.You pay with cash.

From the Pensive trail runs again on the shoulder for maybe 10 miles until vimont lake road.then another + - 3 miles but no sand until you get on the groomed trail to Clova and it was like a hardwood floor.AWESOME !!!

The bad news is they started to plow the lépine road from Clova until km 45 to fix a bridge.We passed the bulldozer this morning on the trail.So I really don't know how the trail will turn out.But the damage is done.Anyways we rode back on Lépine road then the woodrunner trail until the Iron Bridge near Gatineau Club.On the western side of that bridge there is a new trail that goes toward the lépine bridge.this is new from this year in order to skip the lépine road due to logging activities.Nice trail and you are ending up at the ZEC Petawaga gate.About 1.5 mile from Lépine bridge.Signage is non existing at both ends of this new trail.That's not right from the outfitters.If you are coming in from the Classic in Lytton once you get at the ZEC Petawaga gate, take the trail on your right hand side.There is huge sign for Pourvoirie de l'esturgeon and white byrch lodge.Take that trail.If you are coming in from the Rabaska,once you crossed the iron bridge the trail is on your left hand side.

Pensive to the Iron bridge near Gatineau Club = 24 miles.

Iron bridge til Lépine bridge = 34 miles

Snow is good up there(Clova) around 3 feet.If you are planning to ride the lépine road I would call ahead in Clova about the plowing south of Clova.

We stayed at the tamarac.Our new hosts,Carole and Alain are very friendly people and I will go back if Bowater wants.I heard they will be in the area(Lépine road) for the next 4-5 years.Too bad.

Maniwaki-Clova via Rabaska Lodge= 197 miles

Maniwaki-Clova via The Classic in Lytton= 207 miles

I will post a few pics tomorrow.

Edited by Mid Range

We left Maniwaki at 8:00 a.m.saturday morning.Took 13 north then 322.Crossed Baskatong Reservoir then up to Rabaska Lodge.Trails were in good shape.Then we took the woodrunner trail until Lépine road.That trail was bumpy.5/10.Once your on the lépine road.Trail runs on the shoulder for maybe 1.5 miles until the Pensive which is now open as a relay where you can eat and they sell gas as well.You pay with cash.

From the Pensive trail runs again on the shoulder for maybe 10 miles until vimont lake road.then another + - 3 miles but no sand until you get on the groomed trail to Clova and it was like a hardwood floor.AWESOME !!!

The bad news is they started to plow the lépine road from Clova until km 45 to fix a bridge.We passed the bulldozer this morning on the trail.So I really don't know how the trail will turn out.But the damage is done.Anyways we rode back on Lépine road then the woodrunner trail until the Iron Bridge near Gatineau Club.On the western side of that bridge there is a new trail that goes toward the lépine bridge.this is new from this year in order to skip the lépine road due to logging activities.Nice trail and you are ending up at the ZEC Petawaga gate.About 1.5 mile from Lépine bridge.Signage is non existing at both ends of this new trail.That's not right from the outfitters.If you are coming in from the Classic in Lytton once you get at the ZEC Petawaga gate, take the trail on your right hand side.There is huge sign for Pourvoirie de l'esturgeon and white byrch lodge.Take that trail.If you are coming in from the Rabaska,once you crossed the iron bridge the trail is on your left hand side.

Pensive to the Iron bridge near Gatineau Club = 24 miles.

Iron bridge til Lépine bridge = 34 miles

Snow is good up there(Clova) around 3 feet.If you are planning to ride the lépine road I would call ahead in Clova about the plowing south of Clova.

We stayed at the tamarac.Our new hosts,Carole and Alain are very friendly people and I will go back if Bowater wants.I heard they will be in the area(Lépine road) for the next 4-5 years.Too bad.

Maniwaki-Clova via Rabaska Lodge= 197 miles

Maniwaki-Clova via The Classic in Lytton= 207 miles

I will post a few pics tomorrow.

Hi Mid Range, thanks for the info. Just to verify, bulldozer on trail 83W? Between Jct 13S/83 Parent - Clova? Thanks

Hi Mid Range, thanks for the info. Just to verify, bulldozer on trail 83W? Between Jct 13S/83 Parent - Clova? Thanks

Not on the TQ 83...Bulldozer was on the Lépine road or Woodrunner trail(same trail) heading south toward Relais Evasion

I can't upload any file for some reason...I'm getting an error such as "error-no file was selected" so this is a pic I took at the Pensive from a place mat.I know the quality is poor

but it gives you an idea of the area.

DSCF0006.jpg

Is this Lepine rd messed up all the way from clova down to stannedulac or just short sections here and there? Coming up on feb 17 and was planning on heading down this trail. if so any suggestions on alternate rte.

I would check with Dominique at auberge clova about the plowing south of Clova on Lépine road.As an alternative route.You got TQ 13

Hey Midrang! was hoping to travel to clova and spend the night, then on to StAnneDulac. I was hoping you new of an alternate from clova to StAnneDulac besides lepine. If 13 is the only other way, besides traveling even furhter west I guess we should probably stay in parent.

Hey Midrang! was hoping to travel to clova and spend the night, then on to StAnneDulac. I was hoping you new of an alternate from clova to StAnneDulac besides lepine. If 13 is the only other way, besides traveling even furhter west I guess we should probably stay in parent.

unfortunately there is no alternative beside lépine rd unless you go to Val d'Or then 386 thru Laverendrye Park then TQ 63 east.As we speak I don't know how the trail looks like south of Clova.Track loader was plowing lepine road down to km 45 last sunday to fix a bridge.That's 26 miles and indeed there's a bridge 26 miles south of Clova.You might want to call in Clova.

I don't know if you can read french but Dominique from Auberge Clova posted this on CMIQ(french forum).He's the one who is in charge of the lepine road.He groomed an alternative trail between clova and the bridge at km 45

Sentier des DRAVEURS vers CLOVA

Un pont est en réparation mais cette situation est temporaire et hors de notre contrôle. Selon l'entente, ce pont aurait dû être réparé en décembre. Soyez assuré que je fais tout mon possible pour garder la réputation de ce sentier non-subventionné que j'entretiens depuis 12 ans. Ainsi, j'ai gratté une voie de contournement et des panneaux de signalisation sont installés en attendant que la situation soit rétablie d'ici 5 jours. Il n'y a donc aucun problème pour vous rendre à Clova surtout que le sentier sera fraîchement gratté en entier car le surfaceur part de Clova demain jeudi le 3 février.

En ce qui concerne la partie sud (au Pensive), le sentier est cette année partagé avec les forestiers sur une distance de 16 km. Toutefois, une voie réservée aux motoneigistes est ouverte en bordure du chemin.

Je vous souhaite une belle randonnée et au plaisir de vous servir!

Dominic Vincent, président du Sentier des Draveurs

Restaurant et Auberge Clova