GASPE later this week?

Shane

Good morning all! With massive warm up here in upstate New York, myself and three friends are considering heading north around mid-week. Our goal is to avoid the areas that will likely be th emost impacted by the forthcoming meltdown. That being said, we are considering the following; Lanaudiere region due to its close proximity, driving to the HI in Saguenay because, well....it's PARADISE, or doing a Gaspe Loop. All have their own particular benefits and drawbacks. I have looked and cannot find and really recent reports other than from our dear friend Saguenay Bill. Any insight to current conditions would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

I've been watching the Gaspe conditions for as I am planning a trip there later this month. From what I can gather, the conditions are good all the way around except 1 spot where the trail is closed due to a bridge repair but scheduled to be open soon. Looking at the Weather Network forecast for this week, in various places there, the highest temp was about 34 and snow (upwards of 20+) was in the forecast. My guess would be that you would be fine.

I am sure "groomer" will provide an update when he can. I am still very curious too.

Edited by 14 snow

I live in the Baie-Des_Chaleurs area of the Gaspe (South side). We are getting some snow right now, and they are calling for several inches more by the weekend. The former comment is correct the trails are in great shape with the exception of Piston Alley that still has a couple of issues with bridges. They are supposed to have them straightened out this weekend. There are a few places where the road has been opened due to construction, this just means a mile or two on a snow covered dirt road. With the extra snow that is falling and in the forecast the conditions will be ideal on the weekend. We might see you, 4 of my buddies are coming from southern Ontario. After playing in the interior on Sunday we'll be leaving to do the loop on Monday.

Al.

hi all !!

back from grooming !!snowing here right now.few fleurries at 2 am.but since 9 am i guess,way better.conditions are getting better since the last 3 runs.

according to a radio station from riki,thursday or friday should nt be too funny .might have rain.

-10c at 2 am and right now -7 c.at least it s snowing.looks more like winter.

dont forget trail 595,somewhere between la cache and the faribault camps is plowed for 20 miles.

we should receive up to 6 '' till tomorrow morning.

all pics ,off trail 587 in the sayabec area.

groomer !!!