Secure truck & trailer parking

auto385

Wanting to start a trip around the peninsula in Mont Joli. Did the trip 6 years ago but had a follow truck that year. Does anyone know if there are any hotels that have secure parking? We plan to drive up on Wednesday so some feedback would be great.

Thanks

Rob

Wanting to start a trip around the peninsula in Mont Joli. Did the trip 6 years ago but had a follow truck that year. Does anyone know if there are any hotels that have secure parking? We plan to drive up on Wednesday so some feedback would be great.

Thanks

Rob

We start From Riviere DuLoup at the Universal when we do the Gaspe, secure gated parking area for trucks.

We start From Riviere DuLoup at the Universal when we do the Gaspe, secure gated parking area for trucks.

Riviere Du Loup to Mont Joli, is this a far distance by snowmobile? I was hoping to start at Mont Joli so it would be a 4 day trip. I really don't want to take any more time off.

Riviere Du Loup to Mont Joli, is this a far distance by snowmobile? I was hoping to start at Mont Joli so it would be a 4 day trip. I really don't want to take any more time off.

I know its a 100 miles by trail to Rimouski from RDL and I beleive about 200 to Matane. Take the time off if you can if youv'e never done the Gaspe before your in for a real treat!

Hi Rob,

In Matane there is a Quality Inn and the Riotel. I don't think either one has secure parking but if you prep the truck, pull the relays, wheel boots or chains, cover VIN, etc. you'll make your truck less desirable. I haven't heard of any theft problems out that way recently. Matane isn't too much further by truck past Mont Joli.

Mont Joli we've never stayed at.

Like Jackstraw said, Universal in Riviere du Loup is good but it is a day trip to Matane by sled.

Jack & Sandi

I just came back last night from up there. Drove up last Wednesday To Matane and stayed at Riotel. Thursday to Mont. St. Pierre with a little side trip to Murdocville. Friday to Perce and stayed at Cote du Suprise. Saturday rode to Carlton sur Mer. Sunday back to Matane and trailered home. The whole trip was awesome with essentially no problems. Conditions were amazing. Trails weren't too bussy. Never seen so much snow in the mountains. If anyone still wants to go this year, they'd better go soon as it is expected that by the 2nd. week of March the south side is inpassable depending on temp.