La Glaciere report

snowdogs

A week or so ago I asked about La Glaciere in St Zenon. I decided to try it out and just returned from 4 nights there. The new owners, Lionel and his wife who opened Dec. 26 are really putting forth a great effort in thier new business. The rooms are dated but warm, there is a TV and mini fridge in the rooms. The food menu is continually expanding (they are also making menus in english, some of which I helped to "Americanize" from the literal google type translation) and we enjoyed or meals there. The staff is very friendly, there is always at least one person who speaks and understands enough english to make communication possible including Lionel who never stops moving. The restaurant opens at 7:30 AM and closes whenever,.. they try to close around 7 or 8 PM but while we were there it was busy and last night it was midnight before the last people (my buddies and I) left so they are flexible to the demand. Sucurity for trucks, trailers and sleds is good, there is a parking area for trucks and trailers surrounded by large snow banks which is blocked off by a truck at night (again, the hours that it is closed is dependant on the closing time of the resto). There is a pole building type of structure with 4 foot high walls for sled parking that the entrance to is also blocked off by a vehicle at night, if you return after it is closed you can park right outside your room, all rooms have doors to the outside as well as to the interior hall. I recommend requesting one of the rooms on the rear of the building which allow you a view of the sled and truck/trailer parking. We had a lot of fun staying there and the riding was great.

If you go, mention that you read about here as I promised Lionel I would post my review for him (he did not know of this web site).

Any questions, ask me. Mark

Edited by snowdogs

I would like add to this report. Never stayed at La Glaciere and I am sure the rooms are dated. Nevertheless, we stayed near there and visited a few times during the week. On our first night we rode to La Glaciere and bought our trail passes from Louise and had dinner there. Agreed, Lionel we a good host. We found the food good. We rode local the first day and ate elsewhere but hit La Glaciere for a good breakfast on the next day before heading on our tour. On our return we ate dinner again at La Glaciere before the final 1/2 hour stretch to our chalet. It was nice to eat or get a drink and have wifi (not the most robust) and Louise was very efficient juggling everything while getting our passes (ever get trail passes from Jocelyn at Safari - SLOW).

We did find more than expected moguls surrounding here. I always imagine how tough it must be for these places to find the proper balance of reinvestment and being so dependent on the whims of mother nature. It was never busy when we popped in. Did meet Iceman there.

:drinks:

post-74-0-13265200-1329087543_thumb.jpg

Trail 350 in Quebec between La Glacieré and Koubecks - YouTube