Snow Shoot 2013

Greg du Vermont

I have once again been very fortunate to have been invited to attend this years Snow Shoot event in West Yellowstone Montana. This year I am joining my Motoneiges.ca/Sledmagazine.com team in being introduced to an experiencing each of the 4 manufacturers offerings for 2013. I leave on Thursday March 1st.

Just like last years format, Day 1 is reserved for the technical presentations of each with the following 4 days dedicated to riding the 2013's. Out team of 5 has a total of 73 sleds on our schedule.

As I did last year, I will make an effort to drop a few messages on QR while I am there. Our experiences and observations will be published on Motoneiges.ca and Sledmagazine.com throughout the coming months.

Technical presentations by all 4 manufacturers today. BRP and Polaris with some interesting developments, AC and Yamaha, not so much. BRP and Polaris have definetly put each other in their sites, which can only benefit the sport of snowmobiling. The day began with mandatory avalanche safety due to a significant snow pack and ideal conditions for problems.

Did you know that the perfect angle for an avalanche to occur is 37 degrees? It's the same angle that the dirt comes out of a dump truck and a pile of sand makes a natural peak at. All it needs is for you or one of your riding buddies to do something to kick it all off. They say if it looks like a ton of fun, that is an indication that it could be bad. Good to know. Fortunatly I can have plenty of snowmobile fun at way less than 37 degrees. Tomorrow we ride.

Edited by Greg du Vermont

Technical presentations by all 4 manufacturers today. BRP and Polaris with some interesting developments, AC and Yamaha, not so much. BRP and Polaris have definetly put each other in their sites, which can only benefit the sport of snowmobiling. The day began with mandatory avalanche safety due to a significant snow pack and ideal conditions for problems.

Did you know that the perfect angle for an avalanche to occur is 37 degrees? It's the same angle that the dirt comes out of a dump truck and a pile of sand makes a natural peak at. All it needs is for you or one of your riding buddies to do something to kick it all off. They say if it looks like a ton of fun, that is an indication that it could be bad. Good to know. Fortunatly I can have plenty of snowmobile fun at way less than 37 degrees. Tomorrow we ride.

Have a great time out there ! Hope you gain lots of info to share with all of us. Today we ride from pourvoirie Martin ... mega snow falling here right now !