Places to Stay in the Bas St Laurent area

RoadRunner

It may be helpfull for all of us to post our experiences in the various regions on great places to stay. I tend to be a creature of habit and stay at many of the places that I have had a good stay. But would also like to hear about other options and experiences.

Here are a few of this area

Gite L Oasis De La Bretagne; B&B: adjacent to Relais 540

Great food, super host with Gaetan and Margot, comfortable beds: 3-4 rooms available

418-498-4059

Hotel Universal: Riv du loop

Big Hotel, with access to handy access to Riv du loop, two dining rooms good food, buffet breakfast, pool, easy access, parking garage

1 800 265 0072

Motel Royal 418 854 2307

Cabano

Nice family run motel with good pub style restaurant with in 200 yds walk the pub down the street

Hotel Levesque

Riv du loop

Big hotel, Great food and trail access, further in past the Universal near the river

800 463 1236

These are some common ones , Lets see if we can build a list of good experiences.

RR

Anywhere alse people have stayed in the BSL, Chaudier area?

We are riding from RDL Sunday and need to stay someplace that night. A reasonable ride back to Jackman (220 Miles or so) is preffered. Looking to do 200-250Mi ride SundayCabano/RDL is just a little to far for the last day plus a 5 hr drive home.....

Unfortunatly... Margot's is not available too/

D00Braap;;

Last weekend Margot had mentioned a b&b type place that is open and not on many of the maps,

It is on Lac St Pierre near St Pacome, She said they were nice people and good food. I don't remember the name but if you called Margot and asked her I 'm sure she will give you the number. The only issue is unless more snow is on the trail, I would recommend to go in and out on trail 5 from the Mont Carmel Side, ......West of that point needed more snow last week.

Also, I have friends who have stayed at the Lac of the east on 557, south of Margot's, they have a menu type style of food but also are good people and the the report was that the food is good as well.

I know you have the map, but here is the number for those that don't; Auberge Lac of the est 418 498 2223, (I have stopped there during the day- but not stayed overnight), I believe his wife spoke very good english also.

Plain Rev;

The photo may not do your height justice as you say :good: , but great shot of the Manoir Lac Etchemin!!

RR

Thanks RR. We are going to stop by and see if Margot is there tomorrow just to say hi so we can get the other's name then. We are riding to RDL tomorrow what route do you suggest?

35 to green 526 to Hotel Levesque or should we try to jump on to TQ5?

Chris

Thanks RR. We are going to stop by and see if Margot is there tomorrow just to say hi so we can get the other's name then. We are riding to RDL tomorrow what route do you suggest?

35 to green 526 to Hotel Levesque or should we try to jump on to TQ5?

Chris

Chris ,I would definitely stay on 35 to 526 to 5 near saint antonin, the trail 5 was closed just east of the d"lxworh 533 trail jct to almost St Pacome area. Alot of mud, ice problems.. Most likey after this week of cold weather and some snow it will improve, but not sure if its ready yet.

Have a great trip

Howard

• 3 weeks later...

This place is on the edge of the Bas St Laurent area. There is a motel in St Pamphile which is very reasonable with a good restaurant in front. Forget the name of it but it is just up the road from the gas station.

This place is on the edge of the Bas St Laurent area. There is a motel in St Pamphile which is very reasonable with a good restaurant in front. Forget the name of it but it is just up the road from the gas station.

the motel in st.pamphile is motel le boise´ and the restaurant is hotel national