Chibougamua to Saguenay

schooter

Is there any word on the plans for when Rt 93 from Chibougamua to the Saguenay area will be open? Hoping to be doing a loop in that area the 3rd week of January.

Thanx in advance

Schooter

This is what I was able to find on the http://lesloupsdunord.com/

The trail has been surfaced this week and is in excellent condition but icy in places. Be careful.

You can have gasoline mileage-54 factory by paying money to the attendant.

There is still clearing to do to get to 54 mileage. Forestry work has obliged us to change the route of the trail and new signage will be installed soon.

Be careful and good luck in our paths

This give a differnent message then what is on the FCMQ trail condition link.

What to believe??

I got a friend working driving Mega-Load off road logging trucks in Chibougamau/Chapais, he just returned there yesterday from the holiday vacation. I should hear from him soon on conditions there. When he left before break he said there was some riding but not as much snow up there as in Saguenay and the south. There were locals riding but he said it was not as far along as everywhere else down south.

All I got right now.

Iceman,

Thank you for the reply,

Our current plan is to head west on rt 83 on Sunday the 19th from Jonquiere and then up to Chibougamau on rt 93 and then return to Jonquiere on the 23rd.

want to make sure we can get around the loop. or if i need to change current plans and reservations.

Thank you

Schooter

When you say west on 83 you mean thru relais 22 and out to Seneterre? Then up 93 to Chiboug? It's still almost 2 weeks out so things should get better. Last I heard 83 was still closed out west going to Seneterre. Again I am sure it will change before you go. I think you will be OK.

Iceman,

Yes, out 83 planning to stay in Parent then on to and thru Seneterre there is alos infomarion that 93 is closed at Waswanipi