SAD NEWS FROM YAMAHA FOR 2015

grumpysanta

I have a 2012 Vector. Two weeks ago we left Shawinigan and rode to Hearst Ontario and back. 2100 miles round trip. I averaged 14 to 15 mpg. My buddy has a 1200 Doo Shorty and usually beats me by a couple of bucks. The 1200 has more pull than the Vector. On the trip the Vector started at minus 28. It did not want to but it did. The Vector is what it is. Rock solid durability and fair fuel mileage. It is tractor tough durable. Not a sled you want to be in more than 12 inches of snow. It does not do any one thing really really well but the some of it's parts make it a pretty good sled to tour Northern Quebec. A 900 Reni may be on order for next year!

IMO, your Vector should be closer to16-18 - depending on conditions. Your track could be tight, alignment off a bit, etc. On the other hand, I don't know what kind of a load you were carrying and how hard you were riding.

My buddy rides a GSX 1200 and my 2012 Vector consistently take several litres less at every fill up than he does.