FCMQ

dooright

I am friends with the General Manager of the FCMQ, Marc Andre Bouvin. He would have been there helping to facilitate the meeting, a very sharp hard working guy. The FCMQ have a huge challenge ahead of them ensuring we continue to have high quality, safe, well maintained trails in the future.

What are they up against smclelan?

Higher operating costs, lower permit sales, fewer volunteer, declining out of area sledders.........

Snowmobiling is a tough business to be in, those that realize most of the benefit are not those that operate the trail systems (motels, restaurants, gas stations, provincial and federal tax levies) There is a small amount of government assistance out there but it is getting harder and harder to get with more organizations all the time trying to get a piece of the pie. Plus the tree huggers critizing every time some government assistance is offered.

december 1st 2017 could be a critical date.....there was an article in the Quebec city newspaper......unfortunately it's in french but maybe smclelan could shed some light for you guys.

• Monsieur le ministre, les motoneigistes attendent que vous vous occupiez d’eux !

En 2006, l’ex-ministre des Transports M. Norman MacMillen instaurait le projet de loi 121. Ce projet de loi prévoit «l’immunité accordée contre les poursuites basées sur les inconvénients de voisinage ou sur tout autre préjudice lié aux bruits, aux odeurs ou à d’autres contaminants».

En 2010, ce projet de loi fut prolongé jusqu’au 1er décembre 2017. Comme on dit souvent, on a étiré la sauce jusqu’au bout. Vous direz que c’est encore loin 2017 et qu’il nous reste encore 3 ans avant que l’immunité tombe. Cependant, dans le monde de la motoneige, deux saisons c’est très court et le ministère des Transports (MTQ) va devoir se retrousser les manches et vite pour ne pas manquer le bateau.

J’ai fait ma petite enquête auprès du ministère des Transports et j’ai même essayé de communiquer directement avec le ministre Sylvain Gaudreault pour en savoir plus sur les intentions du gouvernement dans ce dossier. Malheureusement, je me suis buté à une lourde bureaucratie. Par contre, un représentant du MTQ m’a téléphoné pour essayer de répondre à mes questions. J’ai comme eu l’impression que je venais de déterrer un dossier enfoui sous une tonne de paperasse depuis longtemps oubliée. Présentement, la seule réponse reçue est : «Ils s’occuperont de ce dossier et les recommandations seront déposées à l’Assemblée nationale en 2015».

En tant que motoneigiste, j’aurais préféré avoir l’opinion du ministre Gaudreault, mais avec la réponse reçue du MTQ, je comprends malheureusement que l’industrie de la motoneige n’est pas une priorité importante pour le ministre Gaudreault ni pour l’économie.

Dossier du Hors piste, bête noire du ministre des Transports ?

La semaine dernière, mon collègue chroniqueur, M Julien Cabana a écrit un article sur le comportement scandaleux de motoneigistes en hors sentier et tel que déjà mentionné dernièrement dans l’une de mes chroniques, le hors-piste est de plus en plus populaire. Il faut faire quelque chose pour satisfaire les motoneigistes qui pratiquent ce sport au Québec. Personnellement, je parcours les plus beaux endroits du Québec et des États-Unis pour pratiquer le hors sentier et je peux vous dire qu’en fait d’organisation, nous en sommes à l’âge de pierre lorsqu’on se compare à des endroits comme la Colombie Britannique, le Montana et même au Colorado. De leur côté, cela fait des lustres qu’ils ont compris que ce type de motoneige apporte un regain ainsi qu’une manne de nouveaux dollars dans l’économie et ils en profitent amplement.

J’ai voulu avoir le pouls du ministre à savoir ses intentions dans ce dossier. Je n’ai eu comme réponse qu’un silence malgré plusieurs tentatives. M. Gaudreault, les motoneigistes, qui sont d’ailleurs vos électeurs, attendent plus que du silence comme réponse, ils veulent du concret, surtout qu’il y a des organismes comme l’Association des motoneigistes du Québec qui sont prêts à travailler sur ce dossier pour trouver des solutions acceptables et durables. M. Guy Lajoie, directeur du développement du Hors piste de l’ADMDQ me mentionne que les motoneigistes se sentent emprisonnés par toutes les règles et contraintes du projet de Parcs motoneige puisqu’ils vont à l’encontre de la nature même de la philosophie de ce sport. Ils ne veulent aucunement détruire la nature ou déranger les résidents. Ce qu’ils désirent c’est de pouvoir pratiquer leur loisir en harmonie.

A very critical date.

• Minister, snowmobilers expect you to take care of them!

In 2006, the former Transport Minister Norman MacMillen and giving the bill 121. This bill provides that " the immunity against prosecution based on neighborhood disturbances or any other damage related to noise, odors or other contaminants ."

In 2010, this bill was extended until 1 December 2017. As is often said, the sauce was stretched to the end. You will say that this is far 2017 and we still have 3 years before immunity falls . However, in the world of snowmobiling, two seasons is very short and the Ministry of Transport (MTQ) will have to roll up their sleeves and quickly not to miss the boat.

I made my little survey of the Ministry of Transport and I even tried to communicate directly with the Minister Sylvain Gaudreault to learn more about the government's intentions in this matter. Unfortunately , I stumbled to a bureaucracy. By cons , a representative of MTQ phoned me to try to answer my questions. I felt like I had to dig a folder buried under a ton of paperwork long forgotten . Currently, the only response received is : "They take care of this issue and recommendations will be tabled in the National Assembly in 2015."

As a snowmobiler , I would have preferred the opinion of the Minister Gaudreault, but with the response received from the MTQ , unfortunately I understand that the snowmobile industry is not a high priority for the Minister Gaudreault or for economy .

Off track record of nemesis the Minister of Transport ?

Last week , my columnist colleague, Julien M Cabana wrote an article about the scandalous behavior of snowmobilers and off-trail as already mentioned recently in one of my columns , the off-piste is becoming more popular. We must do something to satisfy riders who practice this sport in Quebec. Personally, I go through the most beautiful parts of Quebec and the United States to practice off-trail and I can tell you that is an organization, we 're in the stone age when compares to places such as British Columbia, Montana and even Colorado. For their part, it's been ages that they understood that this type of snowmobile brings renewed and a wealth of new dollars into the economy and they greatly benefit .

I wanted to take the pulse of the Minister to know his intentions in this matter. I have not had a response as silent despite several attempts. Mr. Gaudreault , snowmobilers , who are also your constituents expect more than the silence as an answer, they want concrete , especially that there are organizations like the Association of Quebec Snowmobilers who are willing to work on this folder to find acceptable and sustainable solutions. Guy Lajoie , Director of Development Excluding runway AdmdQ me mention that snowmobilers feel trapped by all the rules and constraints of the project because the Parks snowmobile go against the very nature of philosophy this sport. They want to destroy any nature or disturb residents . What they want is to be able to enjoy their hobby in harmony