Montpellier north

sprocket

Comtemplating coming up for a few days starting tomorrow and riding out of montpellier north, mont Laurier and then further north, will it be worth the drive, I am being told there is plenty of snow but am concerned about the trails being nothing but ice, no lube-cool. or go out of mont laurier and head nord?

I would go further north to start if it were me. While I can't tell you the exact trail conditions for Montpellier, I am quite certain they have had similar weather to my area near Tremblant. Rain and mild last week, a little cool down and back up to mild and rain again today. Temperatures are supposed to drop tonight and really cold Thursday and Friday night. I would expect trails that have not been groomed in awhile with bare spots and rock hard surfaces once it freezes up. Also in my area trails that run through swampy areas of low land may not freeze solid right away. Best to check to club websites were you plan to start for a more accurate picture.