mont saint pierre to gaspe conditions?

Ontariokid95

Hi everyone, I am doing my first gaspe loop starting this Thursday and am wondering about the conditions between Mont saint Pierre and gaspe via tq#5. I talked to one of my friends today that has done the loop a few times and said that the tq#5 between these two spots have been rough every time he has been there and would not recomend it. Any input would be great, thanks.

We rode that route last Tuesday, MSP to Grande Vallee was choppy, from Grande Valle to the Gaspe and all the way down the Perce was groomed the night before. Really nice ride, both trail conditions and the scenery.

All depends on last time was groomed.

Right now that section has snow drifts and the wind only died down this morning and they are working on opening it up, just keep on checking the interactive map, we are on the south shore now planning on passing that section Wednesday, but we may bypass it if not fully groomed 

We have done it 2x and both times had 30-40 miles of bad trail.    We do the 597-Mudochville trail now.   Beautiful trail w/a gorge on the lower section.    We met some guys last night in New Richmond who said it was drifted and bumpy like Mike stated.  Tons of snow up here. You'll have a great trip.  

Met some guys at breakfast today who did that section yesterday.  Said 50 k of rough drifted trail.   It was a tough section.   Louise at the club said this morning that the groomer has been through that section 2x to pack it-they haven't groomed it yet.   597 from Murdochville south was in very good shape yesterday.  That might be an option for you.