Late March Riding!

Andyman

We just had a great late season trip. We left from home in Riverview NB on Sunday morning and rode to Coal Branch for fuel. South of the Bouctouche River the trails are very poor. Basically no grooming and very hard trails. We then went to Salmon River Outfitters for fuel and asked for directions to go cross country to the Miramichi River area near Boiestown. The owner Hal was very reluctant to give us any info as he was very concerned we would get lost and blame him! Hal it worked out fine and we will be back to see you again. After fueling in Doaktown we headed to Serpentine to see our old friend Alyre. On the way to Serpentine we stopped at a warming shelter and 2 sleds rolled in, on one sled was this pretty lady and the other her husband. I thought to myself could this be the infamous Fresh Powder from HCS? Well after a few minutes I said you must be Fresh Powder and with that a big smile came on her face and said yes who are you ? We had a big laugh and a great conversation . Now on to Serpentine ,Alyre works very hard to maintain his outfitter business and we as sledders need to stop by and support him so he will be there in the future for us. While at Alyres we ran into Tim Pond from the Grand Lake area. Tim had a group of friends with him and they were on a tour of the northern part of NB.

Pic of Fresh Powder!

MUBS and Alyre.

Alyre and his buddy.

Mubs and I had a great evening at Alyres and after a hearty breakfast we headed out. First stop Kedgwick for fuel the Moose Valley. We took the new trail from MV to Biencourt QC. Absolutely AWESOME!!!! Table top and great scenery.

We picked up RT 548 at Biencourt and rode east to the TQ5 and the RT579 to RT587 to Amqui. A super day of riding and table top trails.

We headed south on TQ5 the next am and as we passed Albertville we were riding on some of the smoothest trails you can imagine. I knew from the grooming that we were going to see our buddy Groomer and we caught him just like we expected to. Mubs was ahead and it was a couple of minutes before I got there as I had to stop to take a pic of my odo as I just turned 20000km on my sled in the second season. It has been a great 2 seasons.

On to Point a la Croix for breakfast and then across the bay and back into NB. Table top to Balmoral then garbage to Island Lake. South of Island Lake back to table top. Stopped at Nepisiquit for a burger and the on to Miramichi for the night. Thanks for the great trails Don Kenny and the Nepisiquit Sports Lodge!!!

Pic of snow levels in northern NB.

Left Miramichi this am at 6:30 and home by noon. 1532 km and 1532 laughs thanks for the great trip Mubs and don't worry we won't miss supper next time!!!!

Pic of trail warden this am!!!

Andy

We just had a great late season trip. We left from home in Riverview NB on Sunday morning and rode to Coal Branch for fuel. South of the Bouctouche River the trails are very poor. Basically no grooming and very hard trails. We then went to Salmon River Outfitters for fuel and asked for directions to go cross country to the Miramichi River area near Boiestown. The owner Hal was very reluctant to give us any info as he was very concerned we would get lost and blame him! Hal it worked out fine and we will be back to see you again. After fueling in Doaktown we headed to Serpentine to see our old friend Alyre. On the way to Serpentine we stopped at a warming shelter and 2 sleds rolled in, on one sled was this pretty lady and the other her husband. I thought to myself could this be the infamous Fresh Powder from HCS? Well after a few minutes I said you must be Fresh Powder and with that a big smile came on her face and said yes who are you ? We had a big laugh and a great conversation . Now on to Serpentine ,Alyre works very hard to maintain his outfitter business and we as sledders need to stop by and support him so he will be there in the future for us. While at Alyres we ran into Tim Pond from the Grand Lake area. Tim had a group of friends with him and they were on a tour of the northern part of NB.

Pic of Fresh Powder!

MUBS and Alyre.

Alyre and his buddy.

Mubs and I had a great evening at Alyres and after a hearty breakfast we headed out. First stop Kedgwick for fuel the Moose Valley. We took the new trail from MV to Biencourt QC. Absolutely AWESOME!!!! Table top and great scenery.

We picked up RT 548 at Biencourt and rode east to the TQ5 and the RT579 to RT587 to Amqui. A super day of riding and table top trails.

We headed south on TQ5 the next am and as we passed Albertville we were riding on some of the smoothest trails you can imagine. I knew from the grooming that we were going to see our buddy Groomer and we caught him just like we expected to. Mubs was ahead and it was a couple of minutes before I got there as I had to stop to take a pic of my odo as I just turned 20000km on my sled in the second season. It has been a great 2 seasons.

On to Point a la Croix for breakfast and then across the bay and back into NB. Table top to Balmoral then garbage to Island Lake. South of Island Lake back to table top. Stopped at Nepisiquit for a burger and the on to Miramichi for the night. Thanks for the great trails Don Kenny and the Nepisiquit Sports Lodge!!!

Pic of snow levels in northern NB.

Left Miramichi this am at 6:30 and home by noon. 1532 km and 1532 laughs thanks for the great trip Mubs and don't worry we won't miss supper next time!!!!

Pic of trail warden this am!!!

Andy

Sounds like a fun time. I have been hearing of alot of critters in the trail due to the deep snow. We had a deer jump out of the alders on a narrow trail, last week, at about 70. That will get your attention in a hurry. Take care, Darryl

Old Alyre is a character alright.............Ran into him years ago and again 2 years ago with some guys I know from Ct who transplanted from NB. Kinda out there in the boonies and a good sight when the gas gauge is low. Planning a trip there in a few weeks if the snow keep. The fellas who know him build the logging roads up there so they take us on these roads nobody rides on for miles. Nice area up there.