Sign in to follow this  
groomer

kaputt !!!

bonsoir !!!

just read that ....

building of club mt artique for sale to proceed at the dissolution of the club !!!

jean-guy

alv.png

Too bad, it is always a loss when we loose a stopping place along the trail. I would have thought the locals would have kept the bills paid.  It is a place I have stopped at a few times when heading back to Pointe a la Croix, same as the little bar in St Margarite coming from the other side.

31 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Too bad, it is always a loss when we loose a stopping place along the trail. I would have thought the locals would have kept the bills paid.  It is a place I have stopped at a few times when heading back to Pointe a la Croix, same as the little bar in St Margarite coming from the other side.

bonsoir !!!

sad for sure !!! first time i went there...77-78 with my dad...drag racing ...then returned 2-3 years ago with my 4w...

i guess , in a small village...getting tougher to find volunteers...

it was existing since the last 45 years !!!

jean-guy

We've seen several clubs either disband or merge in the past few years - on both sides of the river. Is it because of the same issues we see here in the US (no younger folks joining, expensive sport, inconsistent snowfall, etc) or is something else going on in Quebec?

The old 80/20 rule, same in any generation:

The best 20% of people do 80% of the work. 

Which inevitably causes burns out.

Need to always recruit the bench for succession.