tq 3 north shore !!!

groomer

just watched a reportage on tv about tq 3 in the baie comeau area .wow !!! lots of work to do !!!

trail is in bad shape ,lots of big ruts caused by rain fall.bridges are not safe ,even down on the ground , franklin area .

local trails are not too bad ,but can t connect with tq 3 to go to the next club.

they took an helicopter ride before the heavy rain last week and they evaluated the cost to fix it at $$$1,300,000.00 +

groomer !!!

ya ,i guess the footage they showed has been taken between baie comeau and godbout .they showed a bridge near franklin .so for sure it must be in that area .

i ll keep an eye on the news in the days to come.

groomer !!!

just read an article on a french site about tq 3 .trail is '' cut '' at 100 + places between tadoussac and godbout because of the heavy rain from may and august + 2 weeks ago.

with the provincial elections coming up soon here in pq ,looks like it ll be rough and tough to have money from the government.

groomer!!!

• 2 weeks later...

according to a thread on the french forum ,the club in baie comeau received money from the government to fix the trail and the bridge in franklin.

but the member did nt know about the other clubs??????

groomer !!!

just saw on the news a reportage about tq 3 .it ll cost 2.5 millions to fix it !!! :wacko:

there s 8 places in very bad shape in the baie comeau club area including the bridge in franklin.

the journalist was talking too fast i was nt able to keep up taking notes .ha !! ha !!

they have nt received the money yet , but they still optimistic to fix it for the winter even if they know they are late.

that money does nt include the area east of port cartier .looks like in bad shape there too !!!

groomer !!!

Hopefully they can get these water crossing fixed in time for the upcoming season. I rode the trail from Sept Iles down to Baie Comeau last winter, an excellent trail to say the least. Anyone that travels as far as Baie Comeau should take the extra day to go to Sept Iles.

• 3 weeks later...

just saw a reportage on the regional news about tq 3.the pq deputy on the north shore said they need 1 million $$ and very fast and said they better move their &&& in quebec city.

he called a few ministers in quebec city to have money and they still waiting for it or part of it.

so it ll be a political decision.

groomer!!!