First Time Heading to Lac St. Jean Region

Ras Carbide

I have only been ther a couple of times , but I would recommend the Holiday inn In ,Jonquiere

Direct access to trails, great security,Great people

We been to many places in QC but not Lac St. Jean. Not sure how to get across the Fjord to Mont Valin on sled. Not sure where to stay. Motel Mont-Valin in Chicoutimi? Any advice? Zen - what do you think? Thanks in advance - Carbide in Mass.

Ras Carbide

I just sent you a PM.

Bill

Carbide,

Motel Mont Valin is surprisingly out of the way, and no where near Mont Valin. I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be better off with places in Chicoutimi like the Saguenenne, The Comfort Inn, or Montagnais, or follow Bill's advice and head to Jonquierre, to the Holiday Inn. Auberge 31, a hotel way up in Zec Martin Valin is about the only place likely to put you in the action early season. They are good folks. No snow up there worth sledding on right now, but things will cool off this week and we could be into 'er by end November. I live here...

Dozer

I think Motel Mont Valin is a bit like a little truck stop. South of Chicoutimi on 175, U-haul dealer there???? Maybe 10 klicks by trail from LaSaguenenne. We had fun in the bar there a few times. From Chicoutimi or Jonqiuere you go across the Pont Aluminum on 367, I think. World's first all aluminum bridge. Pretty actually. So is the little ski hill off to the left.

Carbide,

Motel Mont Valin is surprisingly out of the way, and no where near Mont Valin. I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be better off with places in Chicoutimi like the Saguenenne, The Comfort Inn, or Montagnais, or follow Bill's advice and head to Jonquierre, to the Holiday Inn. Auberge 31, a hotel way up in Zec Martin Valin is about the only place likely to put you in the action early season. They are good folks. No snow up there worth sledding on right now, but things will cool off this week and we could be into 'er by end November. I live here...

Dozer

Great info. and also I might add one very lucky Man "I live here" SWEEEEEEEEEEET!