FYI

artcat900

Up here right now at Motel M, Conditions are actually very good for this time of the season. Even trail#318 over the hill by St. Michael has a good base with almost no rocks showing. They are out grooming, good hard base has formed, and the trails are quite smooth and fast. Temps is -20c as I type this., Lac toro doesn't have the sticks up yet so not sre if its safe, however did go on the lake by La Cabanon.

Conditions are actually almost mid January type with less snow.......guessing about 18" or so.... So far have not seen any bare spots on the trails and corners are not icy.. All in all worth the trip up

Will post this also on HCS

Hope this helps

Tom

I was south of the river Dec 18th at Motel Bernieres, St Nicholas, the top of trail 75. There was 6" to 18" of snow on the ground. Base was pretty good for this early in the season and I saw two groomers out. I rode trail 5 and trail 25 plus a few local trails. A few water crossings from the rain that had come a few days earlier.

Hoping for another season like last year! :D

Jack