no mosquitoes in Parent

Mid Range

Luckily, I put my high windshield on before the trip and I'm glad I did!!!! Even if it is stupid looking! I also used my gauntlets for the first time and they worked great! Never ride without them in cold weather! It took at least 20 miles of easy riding for the sleds "loosen" up but after that it was fine. We knew it was supposed to be cold and dressed accordingly.

Here in Upstate NY its 3* F and it honestly feels like a heat wave!!!

Midrange - thanks for your help last week. We rode over 1000 miles based on your recommendations.

Luckily, I put my high windshield on before the trip and I'm glad I did!!!! Even if it is stupid looking! I also used my gauntlets for the first time and they worked great! Never ride without them in cold weather! It took at least 20 miles of easy riding for the sleds "loosen" up but after that it was fine. We knew it was supposed to be cold and dressed accordingly.

Here in Upstate NY its 3* F and it honestly feels like a heat wave!!!

Midrange - thanks for your help last week. We rode over 1000 miles based on your recommendations.

glad to see you had a nice trip.What was your itinary??

Don't have a map in front of me so not sure of the trails we took but you'll get the general idea....

Maniwaki to Canadaventure. 253 miles

Canadaventure to Club Scott. 318 miles. Went through Parent and had some single track trails where the groomer had not gone though. From Parent south it looked as if the groomer had only through once with the blade.

Club Scott to Repos. 205 miles. Getting cold at this point! We decided to stay South and East as trails were better.

Repos to Rabaska. 130 miles. Got going from Repos at 11:30 due to 4-strokes not starting in -40*. Rode up to the staff quarters on fire at Rabaska. Feel bad for the people that lost all their things...but no one was hurt.

Rabaska to Maniwaki. 130 miles. Left for home from there that day.

As always I'm amazed at how hospitable everyone is there. I know it the lodge owners job but they really seem to go out of the way for everyone. Its much appreciated and the reason we keep coming back!