snow tracker

coldsmoke1

has anyone tryed snow tracker runners i have ben thinking about trying them out this year are they wourth the extra cash

I have a friend that used them on his gsx xp......my god that thing you need gorilla arms to turn it, was very tiring after all day on the trail, However I will say the steering was very precise like you were on tracks, just that they killed your arms big time, Another bad thing is if you get a rock or branch wedged in there you just about loose all steering control, we had that happen as well. Personally I think there are much better solutions out there, give a ring Im always interested in chatting about sleds with fellow sledders..... BTW Eric did you get my last pm about a week ago about the gps?

Edited by artcat900

I have a friend that used them on his gsx xp......my god that thing you need gorilla arms to turn it, was very tiring after all day on the trail, However I will say the steering was very precise like you were on tracks, just that they killed your arms big time, Another bad thing is if you get a rock or branch wedged in there you just about loose all steering control, we had that happen as well. Personally I think there are much better solutions out there, give a ring Im always interested in chatting about sleds with fellow sledders..... BTW Eric did you get my last pm about a week ago about the gps?

Wow! I talked to a husband / wife mid march last year at Relais 22 that were both using them. She spoke up first and said she loved them and they were like having power steering, both of them were on Yamaha vectors. I was interested because the trails were rock hard and you darted all over the place due to recent rain then a hard freeze, but she claimed no issues and easy steering?? Hoping for more opinions as I was going to try a pair for my TNT 1200

Edited by Snowbound

Andre at the Relais 540 is a seller of these and could probably answer your questions. I know he has hosted a demo day a few times over the past couple of years. He's off the TQ35 in Bas St-Laurent. You can find him under the regional forum for Bas St-Laurent. Having spoken with him on these he says the trick is low ski pressure which makes for easy turning yet your hooked like you're on rails. Just what I've been told, I haven't run these so I have no first hand experience.

I personally have not tried them, but my uncle (my riding partner) has them on his mxz. He found that they do eliminate darting but the steering was very heavy. About mid season he ground the "fins" for a less agressive profile which helped but still hard to steer. He will be going back to regular carbides this winter..

One of my good riding partners put a set on his Yamaha Nytro- 2006 model with stock skis. They definately make a huge difference, however as mentionned the "wings" wear down and the effectiveness is reduced. He used them for season then they went in the bin. He swaped out the stock skis for some aftermarket ones last year, which handled even better than his setup the previous year.There is another company in Quebec that has developed a new carbide and easy stear type all in 1 that is supposedly the cat's meow. From what I have read alot of people are switching to these from the snowtrackers. I spoke to a rep from the company a few weeks ago, and they seem to have a very good product. The company is called "Qualipieces" and the runner I am talking about is the cobra head.

http://www.qualipieces.com

Does anyone remember what heated shields did for snowmobiling? I thought it was the best thing that ever happened and the second best was snowtrackers. Changed a Yamaha Apex from a POS to perfection with no other adjustments.