trail 83

182ray

Kanawata is the name of the place. It is not a town, it is a lodge on Lac Manouane. The manager is Mario I will look tonight for a phone # and post back. Def. want to call ahead. Probably about 60 miles from Repos the way the trail runs this year.

How does it run this year? I tried following the old way last week and it ended at a plowed dirt road

How does it run this year? I tried following the old way last week and it ended at a plowed dirt road

If you were to leave Repos and head east on 345 for 20 miles you make a left just before Dam Gilardo. You may remember this trail as they have used it on and off for a long time, the last time was 2 years ago but at that time they had both trails open. If you were to leave LeCabanon and go down to the barrage and up 345 it is approx 100 mi. to Lac Chatauvert. I was by that intersection in Jan. and I think it was marked as 369 and there were signs for Kanawata and chateauvert and Casey. The ditch trail from Repos was not being groomed but the road was not sanded until you got to the T and then it is only about a mole to the turn off for the usual trail to Chateauvert. :drinks: