St-Côme/Black Mountain St-Donat/ Mt-Tremblant Park/ St-Zenon 6/2/2010

towing

An other photo report for you guys....

Saturday february 6, sunny and -13C at start

My friend Snowcruiser my Wife and I start our ride from St-Jean de Matha near the BRP dealer on the #341 trail in St-Côme direction.

DSC00274Large.jpg

The river have frozen back from the january end flood and is safe

DSC00277Large.jpg

There is few some ice spots in woods but very visibles and on flat, not in drops...

DSC00279Large.jpg

It's riding fine but the trail is really hard and not alot of loose snow but I have not needed my scratchers...

DSC00290Large.jpg

The only ruff places are 0.5 miles because of logging and 2 short links on the road side. The 2 others rivers are frozen back safe...

DSC00295Large.jpg

DSC00296Large.jpg

There some bare spots and medium condition

DSC00306Large.jpg

and some link very good

DSC00298Large.jpg

A pic stop just south from St-Côme...

DSC00320Large.jpg

There are very big drops just after, They are a little dirty and few rocks but no ice

DSC00332Large.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by towing

We stopped a little in St-Côme the look at the ice sculpture event that take place these weeks

DSC00343Large.jpg

DSC00344Large.jpg

We continued with the #43 trail in Notre-Dame de la Merci direction. The trail condition improved alot, more snow and recent grooming here. Val St-Côme ski center in background...

DSC00355Large.jpg

Really soon, we arrived at the suspended bridge

DSC00357Large.jpg

DSC00360Large.jpg

The trail on the other side groomed by Notre-Dame de la Merci club is perfect, snow higway...

DSC00369Large.jpg

We continued to St-Donat by #33 trail. Some bumps and we see that the more we progessed the more snow it have.

Here a clssic view in hydro lines near St-Donat...

DSC00387Large.jpg

And the big drops next that were bumpy but not ice at all

DSC00393Large.jpg

We were hungry and this big fish on the side of the trail show us the way...

DSC00401Large.jpg

the Cuillère a Pot. Exterior is still in renovation but the interior is ready and nice

DSC00403Large.jpg

To be continued...

The next target is to go to the Black Mountain summit via the lake. What a wide wonderfull trail !!!

DSC00407Large.jpg

The trail to the mountain is well snow covered

DSC00451Large.jpg

And we quickly have beautiful scenery

DSC00436Large.jpg

With sunshine and a clear sky, the view is outstanding

DSC00473Large.jpg

DSC00495Large.jpg

The gray jays were even there this time...

DSC00502Large.jpg

And even bread addict...

DSC00488bLarge.jpg

When we are there, we would never quit..but we need to...a last pic ...

DSC00512Large.jpg

and we go back

DSC00538Large.jpg

We took back the #33 trail in Mt-Tremblant park direction. The trail is good with good snow amount

DSC00553Large.jpg

to be continued...

It was still soon so we decided go on the Mt-Cenelle side that i had never see by clear sky. The scenery is less spectacular than the black mountain because there's no wood on the top...

DSC00561Large.jpg

But the trail to get there was crazy good and the view is pretty nice

DSC00580Large.jpg

DSC00584Large.jpg

We next took back the #33 trail and entered in the Mt-Tremblant park

DSC00592.jpg

The day traffic was huge and the trail begin to suffered from but the snow was really fluffy and we could ride pretty fast. We need to be carefull because some curves begin to wash out and leave icy base under (no rock). My snowtrackers are a must on those curves

DSC00611Large.jpg

We next swiched on the #63 trail in St-Côme direction. This trail have been strongly hammered by the traffic and had good moguls. The straight streches were not too bad

DSC00615Large.jpg

We switched to leave the park and keep on the #63 trail in Glacière direction. The trail was in better condition

DSC00628Large.jpg

And we crossed the groomer a little farther...

DSC00637Large.jpg

What a nice ride after his work...

DSC00641Large.jpg

We fuel-up at la Glacière, and continued on #63 trail

DSC00643Large.jpg

Up to Bazinet domaine where we stopped and had a meal, conditions were very good up to there. We than went back with #63 and #341 trail, conditions get more hard and on the icy side as we approching our starting point with few short ruff spot.

To conclude, the St-Zénon area and north is good but souther from that is more on icy side, samething for St-Côme north that was good but south on the lean side. I hope for new snow for our south to start sledding from home which is still possible but not so good now. At least, the north of lanaudière is fine...

Alain

It was still soon so we decided go on the Mt-Cenelle side that i had never see by clear sky. The scenery is less spectacular than the black mountain because there's no wood on the top...

DSC00561Large.jpg

But the trail to get there was crazy good and the view is pretty nice

DSC00580Large.jpg

DSC00584Large.jpg

We next took back the #33 trail and entered in the Mt-Tremblant park

DSC00592.jpg

The day traffic was huge and the trail begin to suffered from but the snow was really fluffy and we could ride pretty fast. We need to be carefull because some curves begin to wash out and leave icy base under (no rock). My snowtrackers are a must on those curves

DSC00611Large.jpg

Excellent report Alain. Looks like the trails have rebounded nicely after the rain. I will be up in 2 weeks. :drinks:

We next swiched on the #63 trail in St-Côme direction. This trail have been strongly hammered by the traffic and had good moguls. The straight streches were not too bad

DSC00615Large.jpg

We switched to leave the park and keep on the #63 trail in Glacière direction. The trail was in better condition

DSC00628Large.jpg

And we crossed the groomer a little farther...

DSC00637Large.jpg

What a nice ride after his work...

DSC00641Large.jpg

We fuel-up at la Glacière, and continued on #63 trail

DSC00643Large.jpg

Up to Bazinet domaine where we stopped and had a meal, conditions were very good up to there. We than went back with #63 and #341 trail, conditions get more hard and on the icy side as we approching our starting point with few short ruff spot.

To conclude, the St-Zénon area and north is good but souther from that is more on icy side, samething for St-Côme north that was good but south on the lean side. I hope for new snow for our south to start sledding from home which is still possible but not so good now. At least, the north of lanaudière is fine...

Alain