Weekend ride

longriderss

I left the camp in Columbia NH at 7:30am on Saturday. I was not sure how far I was going to get as the night before I saw 4 sleds stuck just off rt 26 with no way to get gas as there was no snow into Downtown Colebrook. Friday night we had about 4" of fresh new snow. I took the chance and headed north. I arrived at SDR's trail system and they had been out grooming overnight. Pushing farther north, I hid Pittsburgs trails to find washboard and moguls everywhere. I pushed further up to the Quebec border and Wala, freshly groomed trial and plenty of snow. I headed north up TQ65 to Megantic. A couple thin spots, but good coverage. I took the right onto TQ580, what a nice ride. All good all the way over to TQ25. I took TQ25 south to the clubhouse at the junction of TQ75. The river is open and the reroute over the bridge is in effect for the rest of the season. At the clubhouse, I stopped for lunch 165 miles so far. I took the TQ 75 north up to St. Georges. Had to meet some friends for Saturday night at the St. Hubert/Comfort Inn.

I woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw the attached sleds. Mudking, was that you??

I met up with my friends and we retraced the same route back that I took up. 192 miles one way.

Caution, as the sugaring lines were put up this past weekend. Sleds can still get though, but the groomers can't.

The trails were still in great shape today, but they won't last long with the warm weather.

post-116-1267402318_thumb.jpg

I left the camp in Columbia NH at 7:30am on Saturday. I was not sure how far I was going to get as the night before I saw 4 sleds stuck just off rt 26 with no way to get gas as there was no snow into Downtown Colebrook. Friday night we had about 4" of fresh new snow. I took the chance and headed north. I arrived at SDR's trail system and they had been out grooming overnight. Pushing farther north, I hid Pittsburgs trails to find washboard and moguls everywhere. I pushed further up to the Quebec border and Wala, freshly groomed trial and plenty of snow. I headed north up TQ65 to Megantic. A couple thin spots, but good coverage. I took the right onto TQ580, what a nice ride. All good all the way over to TQ25. I took TQ25 south to the clubhouse at the junction of TQ75. The river is open and the reroute over the bridge is in effect for the rest of the season. At the clubhouse, I stopped for lunch 165 miles so far. I took the TQ 75 north up to St. Georges. Had to meet some friends for Saturday night at the St. Hubert/Comfort Inn.

I woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw the attached sleds. Mudking, was that you??

I met up with my friends and we retraced the same route back that I took up. 192 miles one way.

Caution, as the sugaring lines were put up this past weekend. Sleds can still get though, but the groomers can't.

The trails were still in great shape today, but they won't last long with the warm weather.

Stayed at Le Manoir friday night, rode Saturday and drove home that night. Trails were great but dont think they'll very long.

I should have went with you. I didnt do anything this weekend. I could have met you at Youngs store or anywhere. Any other plans?

Good report. Did you have a small memory card in your camera? :drinks:

We are heading back up the 10th if the snow will hold that long. I bet we didn't meet 20 sleds all day and most of them where on TQ35. WTF is up with that did all the Canadians stay up watching hockey and lose interest in riding?