camera problems ???

groomer

Grommer, Love your pics , make me feel good inside , and can't wait to get out riding again . keep up the good work and i might be lucky enough to meet you one day. maybe even a ride..

thanks gs !!

good for you !!almost mad at myself :angry: ,i had in mind to spend the week end at the camp,but weather was nt safe for most of the day and cold.sun is out now !! :angry:

i ll try the spend the day there tomorrow .

groomer !!!

Groomer, wife (snowmouse) wants to know about bobcat's. when are you most likely to see them, are they aggressive or like most wild things run when they see you, how big are they? Sorry so many questions but the nearest thing we have in the U.K. is a 'wild cat' similar colour to bobcat but about the size of our dog around 19 inches at shoulder. Thanks

Gary

hi snowmouse ,snomogary and coldsmoke !!

well, i guess it depend how things happen.they can be very shy and run for their life or be very gentle and walk slowy by you. .let say ,its about half and half.agressive maybe ,if they feel ''squeezed ''.i don t think i ve ever heard of stories like that.

you can see them 12 months a year.while grooming i can see few tracks time to time .the pic of the bobcat ( 35mm ) ,few years back .few days before christmas,went up truck logging road to look for a christmas tree with my sister and nephew.began to walk on a narrow road.saw blood on the ground (snow) and noticed there was coyote tracks too mixed with bobcat tracks.blood was fresh .looked up the tree and saw the bobcat .

he was probably resting from a fight with the coyote ,i don t know ,only a guess.

about the samething for the bear ,very shy most of the time.best time here to see them ,may and early june .last summer ,the roads i use to see mooses ,there was bear ''poo ''(sorry if it s bad word,not really sure about translation )all summer long on those roads .i ve seen bear tracks in the yard of my camp last summer .i keep my cooler for foods and garbage inside the camp during the week ends and bring my stuff back every sunday.don t take chances with that.

coldsmoke , it happened to me and a friend during moose hunting 4-5 years ago.we were walking in a narrow trail and trees were moving 25-30' in front of us.we were sure it was a moose ,went closer and nothing .went to check for tracks and no mooses.when we arrived at the camp later in the morning,another friend told us he had seen the bear the day before ,but had forgotten to tell us.what a friend !!! ha !! ha !!

it s easier to see 200 mooses during the the summer than one bear or bobcat.i remember seeing 9 bears a few years back in may.after that ,it just like they dissapear !!!must be very lucky to see many bears and bobcats during the same summer .

ps:rabbit ,you can see them all the time !!!

groomer !!!

down here in ct i see more and more bears every year thers a few that wander right it to citys every year but the one a seen sunday was the bigest i ever saw kinda scared the crap out of me i was just going slow on a dirt rd and out of no where there it was i stoped he just looked at me for a few sec then just walked slow in the brush

finally found those.just too bad ,colors are very sharp on those 35 mm pics.on the truck logging road,followed that bobcat for about a 1000' , walking behind him.

coldsmoke ,ya ,bears must be careful with, never know what they have in mind.i always have a rifle at the camp.never used it ,just in case.alone at the camp at night ,never know what can happen .

groomer !!!

down here in ct i see more and more bears every year thers a few that wander right it to citys every year but the one a seen sunday was the bigest i ever saw kinda scared the crap out of me i was just going slow on a dirt rd and out of no where there it was i stoped he just looked at me for a few sec then just walked slow in the brush

last night at 8:12 hrs, while doing my moose run ,i had a black bear right in front of my truck.i left late ,because it was still windy .when im late like that i push a little more on the ''mushroom '' to gain time .

i was going up hill with a sharp left hand side turn on top.he was right in middle of the curve .just surprised me :o .just enough time to hit the brakes .saw the bear for 10 ''.friday night ,almost at the same place ,there was 3 mooses.

groomer !!!

Once again fantastic pictures and Snowmouse says thanks for the bobcat info. We kept our eyes peeled for wildlife when we were in Vermont and NH last October but only saw wild turkey's and 1 chipmonk! God knows what we would do if we actually saw a bear tho !

Gary

Once again fantastic pictures and Snowmouse says thanks for the bobcat info. We kept our eyes peeled for wildlife when we were in Vermont and NH last October but only saw wild turkey's and 1 chipmonk! God knows what we would do if we actually saw a bear tho !

Gary

bienvenue !!!

jean-guy