AdmdQ curfew petition

Greg du Vermont

OK here we go, this is the petition that the AdmdQ initiated. I know that there are a lot of rules regarding word count and several other items for a petition to be acceptable for presentation before the National Assembly and this one has been approved for presentation. I have no idea of how the other online petition works exactly, but I know that it is different, so please do both. Remember this misguided proposal was for a 10pm provincial wide curfew, not just for snowmobiles, but for all off road vehicles.

4,258 signatures were added at the Quebec Expo and petitions are currently on the counters of businesses throughout Quebec. The deadline for signatures and presentation is mid November. The requirements for signing are not as specific as here in the states. You don’t have to be a registered voter, citizen or even a snowmobiler. Just legal age with printed name, complete address and signature. The wording must be exact without changes, so we will all need to sign the petition as it is written in French. Here is a translation of what it says.

The Snowmobile Association of Quebec – On behalf of Quebec Snowmobilers declares:

WHEREAS the Quebec Snowmobilers circulate at night since the beginning of the sport.

WHEREAS snowmobile traffic at night is not a major problem across the network;

WHEREAS the current Law on off-road vehicles already contains measures to protect the tranquility of residents by regulating the speed in the vicinity of residences and in the modification of exhaust systems;

WHEREAS a traffic regulation prohibiting snowmobiles at night would have adverse consequences on snowmobile tourism and it would be virtually impossible to regulate by law enforcement on all 33,000 miles of trails;

Therefore we urge the Quebec Government to maintain the right to circulate at night and not amend the Act for off-road traffic hours.

It will be a little more effort than the online version, but here is what we need to do.

Go to http://www.admdq.org/bienvenue.html (left side of AdmdQ.org French main page, yellow highlighted says petition, click on small snowmobile icon, see pdf and print it.)

Sign it if you have not already signed and get at least 14 others to do the same (anybody), then send it with Canadian postage to the AdmdQ address shown on the bottom by November 6th.

Want to feel really special? Do multiple pages, but at least do one. QRs and their friends should be able to contribute a significant number (I’m thinking 1,000). The Quebec government is watching this issue closely and is definitely interested in what the American users think. Let’s do this guys, it can make a difference, possibly THE difference.

Somebody please add a count post to this message when they finish a page and we can keep track of an approximate total like the mileage posts have done in the past.

post-174-025227600 1287428503_thumb.jpg

Keep it up.

An alternative mailing method would be to send your completed petitions to me and I can send them all to the association. If this saves you from making a special trip to the post office for canadian postage, feel free.

Greg Gilbert

PO Box 66

Milton, VT 05468

If you have not yet printed out a form, please do it today as time is growing shorter and I would really like to have a good showing from my fellow QR's.

Take it to your dealer, take it to your local club meeting, take it to work, take it somewhere, take it anywhere, get anyone to sign it, even non sledders would likely have an opinion that recreation trails should not be regulated by such a curfew.

Awesome outcome (see curfew amended thread) With only the knowledge of the forthcoming petition and its numbers, the desired impact was achieved. Fortunatly we never had to go through the actual debate and amendment process. I ask that you please still continue to send me your completed petitions as I wish to add them to the AdmdQ's final count. Thanks guys. The voice was heard :drinks:

Greg Gilbert

PO Box 66

Milton, VT 05468

• 4 weeks later...