Presidents Day Trip to the Delta

themainer

23 hours ago, themainer said:

I think we rolled into Onatchiway around 3 something so very well could have been! Sounds like you guys had as good of trip as we did! Yes I remember that long powerline section on 93 back when we were up here in 2016. You.guys staying at the Delta in Alma? Been there where we had to park our sleds in the parking garage. 

We’re at the hotel universel they have a parking garage storage cage here too. I’m hoping this little warm up the next few days doesn’t kill the trails leaving town. Riding has been pretty good so far went south today and trail was 80% awesome conditions wise the views were 100%.

I’ll throw another little update in here…..Wednesday went east to syndicat took 328 out and 93 back with a late lunch at chapelle. Mostly good especially coming back had almost fresh groomed the whole way. some bad starting to show the warm weather is starting to take its toll. Thursday we did a loop around lake Saint Jean north of the lake was awesome flat fast and couple inches of fresh snow in some areas. Got gas in Saint methode and lunch at relais des butte. From lunch on it started out good but progressively got worse with the worst section being from just after the lake crossing in dresbians and up 383 back to Alma lots of dirt patches and pavement showing on the I assume bike path the trail runs on just generally thin conditions. it was passable but not enjoyable. Tons of sleds showed up here Wednesday the place was near empty the beginning of the week now there has to be 75 sleds parked here. Last day riding today think we’re going to head north of the lake and do some loops over there that seems to have had good snow, flat trails and less traffic. It looks like the torch is coming out next week for up here I’d expect to see some red trails show up unfortunately. Get out while ya can.