6 Day Trip

WNY-Dave

I'm looking for some help planning a trip with distances, rooms, gas. Start New Liskard end La Sarre day 1. La Sarre to Lebel Sur Queillon via Matigami day 2. Queillon to La Dore day 3,La Dore to Clova day 4, Clova to Joncas day 4, Joncas to New Liskard day 5. This looks realistic with a few long days.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Quebec Rider.

There is a interactive trail map on the FCMQ website.

Link > FCMQ interactive map

We were in that area earlier this year and we posted in Quebec Rider / English Forums / Regional / Abitibi / Trail conditions 2011.

Some of our route overlaps what you are doing. Read thru the post. Label sur Quevillon up 93 to Chapais and then down the other side to La Dore is where you have to pay attention to gas. How far can you go on a tank?

Someone else more familiar with the area will probably post more info but read the post above for the gas stop in Miquelon which has very limited hours.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi :drinks:

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Quebec Rider.

There is a interactive trail map on the FCMQ website.

Link > FCMQ interactive map

We were in that area earlier this year and we posted in Quebec Rider / English Forums / Regional / Abitibi / Trail conditions 2011.

Some of our route overlaps what you are doing. Read thru the post. Label sur Quevillon up 93 to Chapais and then down the other side to La Dore is where you have to pay attention to gas. How far can you go on a tank?

Someone else more familiar with the area will probably post more info but read the post above for the gas stop in Miquelon which has very limited hours.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi :drinks:

Jack,

Thanks for the help I saw your post on the limited hours for gas in Miquelon. How long did it take you to get from Label su Queivillon to Miquelon. Two of us have 600 etech's and the other guy has a 1200 GSX. 120 should not be a problem if we can't get gas in Miquelon.

Thanks,

Dave

Jack,

Thanks for the help I saw your post on the limited hours for gas in Miquelon. How long did it take you to get from Label su Queivillon to Miquelon. Two of us have 600 etech's and the other guy has a 1200 GSX. 120 should not be a problem if we can't get gas in Miquelon.

Thanks,

Dave

Quévillon to Miquelon is +- 45 miles.........Miquelon to Chapais is +- 85 miles.Miquelon gas station close at noon.there is no sign upon the trail.Once you hit the highway coming in from Quevillon,you turn on your left hand side and cross the bridge.Gas station is about 300 feets from the TQ 93.

Quévillon to Miquelon is +- 45 miles.........Miquelon to Chapais is +- 85 miles.Miquelon gas station close at noon.there is no sign upon the trail.Once you hit the highway coming in from Quevillon,you turn on your left hand side and cross the bridge.Gas station is about 300 feets from the TQ 93.

Thanks,

Dave

Chapais-Chibougamau is +-27 miles.Chibougamau is 6 miles north off TQ 93

Chibougamau-Barriere du Nord +- 40 miles (gas available)

Barriere du Nord - Scierie54 +- 60 miles (gas available)

Scierie54-La Doré +- 60 miles 93 goes thru gas station

La Doré-Roberval +- 45 miles

Roberval-Relais 22 +- 90 miles (gas available)

Relais 22 -Wemotaci +- 65 miles (gas available)

Wemotaci-Parent +- 70 miles (gas available)

Parent- Clova +- 73 miles. (gas available)

I would go to St-Félicien for a night stay http://www.hoteldujardin.com/

Chapais-Chibougamau is +-27 miles.Chibougamau is 6 miles north off TQ 93

Chibougamau-Barriere du Nord +- 40 miles (gas available)

Barriere du Nord - Scierie54 +- 60 miles (gas available)

Scierie54-La Doré +- 60 miles 93 goes thru gas station

La Doré-Roberval +- 45 miles

Roberval-Relais 22 +- 90 miles (gas available)

Relais 22 -Wemotaci +- 65 miles (gas available)

Wemotaci-Parent +- 70 miles (gas available)

Parent- Clova +- 73 miles. (gas available)

I would go to St-Félicien for a night stay http://www.hoteldujardin.com/

Thanks for the help. Have you stayed at the Tarmac in Clova, or the outfitter in Joncas?

Heads up on the 93 from Scierie 54 to LaDore on 93

Last week they were bulldozing the most beautiful trail not far from the Scierie 54.

Right down to dirt for a good stretch not sure how far they were going to tear it up but it was sad to see.

Be aware is all

Edited by iceman

Last week they were bulldozing the most beautiful trail not far from the Scierie 54.

Right down to dirt for a good stretch not sure how far they were going to tear it up but it was sad to see.

Be aware is all

Thanks for the heads up. I'm assuming that Scierie 54 is west of La Dore and there is no way around it.

Thanks for the help. Have you stayed at the Tarmac in Clova, or the outfitter in Joncas?

Yes I have stayed at both.Tamarac has new owners.Carole and Alain are great hosts and they do speak english.Nice Bar,Pool table,large TV screens.$85.00 or $75.00 the package.Joncas is way out of price at $150.00/package.There is another place called http://outfitterlaverendrye.com/ maybe 40 kms east of Joncas.$90.00/package but called ahead.

Be aware is all

That's bad.Specially for a Trans-Québec.

Edited by Mid Range

Yes I have stayed at both.Tamarac has new owners.Carole and Alain are great hosts and they do speak english.Nice Bar,Pool table,large TV screens.$85.00 or $75.00 the package.Joncas is way out of price at $150.00/package.There is another place called http://outfitterlaverendrye.com/ maybe 40 kms east of Joncas.$90.00/package but called ahead.

That's bad.Specially for a Trans-Québec.

Thanks for all your help.

Be aware is all

I went on La Doré website http://lesloupsdunord.com/index.php

La Doré - Usine de sciage Mill 54 ( Vers Chibougamau )

Condition: Sentiers ouverts

Commentaires:

Sentier surfacé cette semaine , glacé par endroit .Le sentier est gratter sur 7à 8 Km pour la reconstruction d'un pont . Soyez prudent.

Vous pouvez avoir du gaz à l'usine du millage 54 en payant en argent au préposé.

It says the trail has been plowed for 7-8 kms for bridge repairs.

and for you WNYDave....you pay only in cash at the scierie 54 for gas or food.Cafeteria open from 11:30 a.m. til 12:15 p.m. but the employee told me while we were there they can stretch it til 1:00 p.m.

I went on La Doré website http://lesloupsdunord.com/index.php

La Doré - Usine de sciage Mill 54 ( Vers Chibougamau )

Condition: Sentiers ouverts

Commentaires:

Sentier surfacé cette semaine , glacé par endroit .Le sentier est gratter sur 7à 8 Km pour la reconstruction d'un pont . Soyez prudent.

Vous pouvez avoir du gaz à l'usine du millage 54 en payant en argent au préposé.

It says the trail has been plowed for 7-8 kms for bridge repairs.

and for you WNYDave....you pay only in cash at the scierie 54 for gas or food.Cafeteria open from 11:30 a.m. til 12:15 p.m. but the employee told me while we were there they can stretch it til 1:00 p.m.

Mid Range,

Thanks again for all your help. 2nd trip this year and I can't tell how helpful everyone has been.

Dave