Anyone run summer roads north of Auberge 31?

Mac

I have a map (Zec Martin) detailing hundreds of miles of roads north of Lac Jalobert where Auberge 31 is located. These are summer roads that appear to run far further north than fuel would ever allow. Do any of you guys venture off trail onto these unbroken summer roads?

Most of those roads have local traffic from people sledding into their camps. With a map and gps it can make for an interesting ride and you can do some nice loops, but like you said, gas is a big problem.

Here are pics from a loop I've done in the summer and winter. It's just north of the 267/477 trail to ZEC Onatchiway.

I have a map (Zec Martin) detailing hundreds of miles of roads north of Lac Jalobert where Auberge 31 is located. These are summer roads that appear to run far further north than fuel would ever allow. Do any of you guys venture off trail onto these unbroken summer roads?

very do-able and great area have spent some time exploring in and around there, but insure you're prepared, have extra fuel and emergency supplies & a plan should something go amiss because especially in winter can be a very remote area!

post-848-086308300 1299861051_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Scorpion I cant believe your mileage I'm jealous. I used to run 2500 miles a year. I can clearly see I'm still just a novice. I was thinking we could run only are far as half a tank of fuel would allow. Mountain sleds could be a lot of fun. It does not appear mountainous north of Lac Jalobert. I like hilly terrain. No cell service so satellite phone is the only thing available. I think Im talking myself right out of this idea. Thanks Guys.

Setting up your sled to reliably carry extra gas helps you get out a lot farther...

Or you can tow a sleigh like this and ride all the way till Labrador.......

post-848-069228500 1300136271_thumb.jpg