FALL TRAIL RIDE

GOOSE

HEY GOOSE,

THANKS FOR THE PICS. INTERESTING AND VERY GOOD RIDING IN CANADA TO DO TRIPS OR DISTANCE RIDING. NEVER ATVed IN THAT AREA ( JUST SLEDDING ),, MOSTLY ST ZENNON,ST MICHEAL,and north,, LITTLE AROUND ST DONAT, ALL A FEW YEARS BACK.

TELL ME HOW YOU LIKE THE RZR , OR THAT TYPE OF MACHINE. I AM SURE IT IS NOT YOUR "FIRST DAY ON THE JOB " RIDING AND YOU HAD A ATV BEFORE THE RZR.

WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH A RZR800 FOR MYSELF, (HAVE TWO SPORTSMAN's 550's NOW WHICH ARE GREAT, no EPS however). WIFE WANTS TO STAY ON A "ATV" FOR HER SELF,,SO RZR WOULD BE MY RIDE. TALL GUY HERE,,KINDA THINKING I WOULD GET "CRAPPED UP" AFTER AWHILE ON TRAIL??, HAULING THE TRIPS GOODS/GAS WOULD BE A LITTLE NICER/EASIER MAYBE! NICE TRAIL,GRAVEL OR BUSH ROAD MACHINE THAT FITS CANADA GREAT,IMO,,, BUT I AM STILL NOT THERE OR CONVINCED TO BUY A RZR YET??? ANY COMMENTS GOOD or BAD WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

YOU HAVE A SPORTSMAN ALSO,( I THINK ) WITH A GAS BUDDY ON BACK RACK? DOING GOOD FOR YOU GUYS?

DO YOU RIDE IN ME. AT ALL?,,WE KINDA LIKE THE JACKMAN AREA,, CROSSED THE BORDER THERE ( on ATV'S)LAST SUMMER BUT NO MAJOR RIDING INTO CANADA.

THANKS MOOSE, ENJOY YOUR FALL RIDING,,, Fuzzy 600HO

Mr. fuzzy600ho, I do not ride atv in Maine. I have a friend that does and there kind of strict up there. There are a lot of trails, but they don't all connect. So it is difficult to do a long trip. If you ride on the dirt roads, the fish cops will give you a ticket. Also they do not allow atv riding in the 3 million acre Allagash region. The time it takes me to drive to northern Maine is the same or more than to go to Quebec. In Quebec they are much more friendly to atv riding. The atv trail will ride on the road right done main st. in the center of town. I have ridden quads during summer in Quebec for the past 13 years. This year switching to a 2011 rzr side by side. Yes I very happy with it .It is same width as a quad, so it fits on the tight trails. Has soft ride on rocky trails. You will need to buy some extras though. Full skid plates, 2'" lift, big tires, winch, roof, windshield. The other quad is an Outlander 800. Very nice machine.

Hi JG, how do I do it. First of I told my wife before we got married that I don't like the beach and take my vacation time in Quebec. Next, I try to keep my mouth shut every time she goes to the mall!

Mr. fuzzy600ho, I do not ride atv in Maine. I have a friend that does and there kind of strict up there. There are a lot of trails, but they don't all connect. So it is difficult to do a long trip. If you ride on the dirt roads, the fish cops will give you a ticket. Also they do not allow atv riding in the 3 million acre Allagash region. The time it takes me to drive to northern Maine is the same or more than to go to Quebec. In Quebec they are much more friendly to atv riding. The atv trail will ride on the road right done main st. in the center of town. I have ridden quads during summer in Quebec for the past 13 years. This year switching to a 2011 rzr side by side. Yes I very happy with it .It is same width as a quad, so it fits on the tight trails. Has soft ride on rocky trails. You will need to buy some extras though. Full skid plates, 2'" lift, big tires, winch, roof, windshield. The other quad is an Outlander 800. Very nice machine.

Hi JG, how do I do it. First of I told my wife before we got married that I don't like the beach and take my vacation time in Quebec. Next, I try to keep my mouth shut every time she goes to the mall!

Goose,

Are the trails well marked? And do you see many other atv's out on the trail. I've been wanting to get up there with the atv's but haven't yet. My youngest turns 16 this year so she can ride now in Quebec.

Jackstraw, no the atv trails are not marked well. This past trip, there were no summer atv trail from Sherbrooke to Parc du Massif. There is a marked atv trail in the parc. We did not see any other atv's. Some areas of Quebec have atv trail maps, but not a lot. I mostly use Zec maps, topo maps and gps with topo maps to plan a route. Mt. Laurier area has good atv trail maps. In the winter you are limited to riding on the groom trail. In the summer there are hundreds of thousands of miles of dirt roads and trails to choose to ride in PQ. It is up to you to navigate and find a route.

THANKS GOOSE FOR THE INFO,, YOU DO NOT GET "CRAMPED" UP IN THE RZR AFTER AWHILE ON THE TRAIL? THAT'S WHAT GOT ME FROM PULLING THE TRIGGER FROM BUYING A RZR,, SORRY FOR CALLING YOUR OUTLANDER A SPORTSMAN'S,, JUST THOUGHT THAT WAS MACHINE IN THE BACKGROND OF YOUR PIC,,,GUESS I NEED A PAIR OF GLASSES, FUZZY 600HO