Places to remember in Chaudière-Apalaches when you travel!!

Switchback 2006

Bonjour everybody!!

Here are some cool and nice places to see and to go!

Club House of St-Magloire (Massif du sud)!We eat very well at this place! The food is excellent!

The price is very reasonable! And the trails are beautiful!!

Here are some attractions in the park:

1- MONT-DU-MIDI

Observe from Midi to infiny!

Located in Buckland and sharing its peak with ski resort le Massif du Sud, Mont-du-Midi, with its 915 meters, is the second highest Appalachian mountain between the Mégantic Mountains and the Chic-Chocs. Then, from its 5-meter observation tower, it offers an unrestricted view of the St.-Lawrence River and Québec city.

2- MONT-SAINT-MAGLOIRE

Discovered 8 years ago, Mont-Saint-Magloire is 918- meter-high and it is the highest Appalachian peak. Its 10-meter tower can easily be reached by the tracks and offers an unrestricted 360-degree view within 100 kilometers around. It is possible to see Québec city, the Orleans Island, Mégantic Mountain and the mountains of Maine.

3- PORTES-DE-L'ENFER

By far the most schemer attraction of Parc régional

Massif du Sud, the Portes de l'enfer or “The devil’s doors” are actually a 10 meters deep by 2,5 meters wide abyss and were made by the River of Pine waters. In winter, ice crystals appear on the walls. In summer, it is the best place for having a pic-nic.

4- GLACIERS

In Saint-Philémon and located in the area around the River of Pine, those glaciers are probably the ones that are most photographed by snow-bikers. They are 8 meters tall by 32 meters large and are even more spectacular in February. Moreover, the blue slides come from mineral seepage.

5- Off-trails - Hors Piste...when you know the place to go!!

http://www.massifdusud.com/moto/pages%20we...cesanglais.html

Massif du Sud, skiing Station!!

http://www.massifdusud.net/accueil.asp

My Club House in St-Vallier

The Snowmobile Club Bellechasse. is located on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, halfway between Levis and Montmagny, in the county of Bellechasse, Appalaches region. The club has a relay located on the TransQ no. 5. It is located at 772, Montée de la Station at Saint-Vallier (Quebec) G0R 4J0.

A restaurant, a bar and a large room with a fireplace and beautiful corner of a playground for small kids.

Warm welcome to all snowmobilers.

Telephone: (418) 884-3939

Appalaches Lodge-Spa

Appalaches Lodge-Spa-Villégiature is a new four seasons holiday resort situated on the former Grande Coulée ski resort at Saint-Paul de Montminy. Located directly on the mountain, in the heart of the Appalaches Regional Park, this resort is within an hour's drive from Quebec City.

http://www.appalachesspa.com/lodge-villegi...e/index_ang.cfm

Le Parc des chutes d'Armagh

Located in the heart of Appalachia(Direct access by trail No. transQ 35) , in a region known to be won, Park Falls Armagh will charm you with its scenery to the breathtaking. You will find an oasis of peace that will allow you to relax and put aside your daily life.

You will discover a river to water crystal clear, you can do picnics, hiking, the site presents no obstacle difficult apart from a few stairs. Come see the top of our bridge overlooking more than 28 meters high canyon of the river Armagh, as well as the collapse of the same name. Five hundred meters further you cross a viaduct from 70 meters long, suspended over the river.

http://www.armagh.ca/parc_chutes/accueil.html

Le Camp Forestier de Saint-Luc

Among the gateways to the Regional Park Massif du Sud, the village of St-Luc, enjoys an exceptional natural environment, both wild and magical, in the heart of the Appalachians.

The Forestry Camp St-Luc. is a warm place. Our cookerie log is the perfect place to stop and warm up our tasting pea soup near the wood stove.

Direct access by trail No. 547 (St. and Saint-Léon-de-Standom).

http://www.campforestier.qc.ca/

L' hotel L'Oiseliere

The hotel L'Oiseliere of Montmagny was born in september 1990. This four stars establishement is one of the most important hotel in Chaudière-Appalaches. Its reputation is already done!!! Its expension all along the years has been able to satisfy our customers, wich are always looking for new things.

2 establishements, Lévis & Montmagny!!

http://montmagny.oiseliere.com/e_fset.html

Le Manoir des Érables

The Manoir des Érables invites you to live a unique experience. Located in a vast park just a few minutes walk from the St-Lawrence River and an easy 35 minutes drive from Quebec City bridges that link to la Côte-du-Sud, the Manoir des Érables is renowned for his warm welcome and his fine cuisine. Make the most of you stay in the region and visit our two others establishments:

http://www.manoirdeserables.com/montmagny-...l/index_ang.cfm

So I start with that!

I will come back for more ....

Enjoy SB 2006! ! :hi: :hi:

Excellent Post, merci :clapping:

Thanks Rob!

I will try to give you (Qcriders) the best infomations on my region during the next winter! :good:

As well as the HONEST SNOW AND TRAIL CONDITIONS in Chaudière-Appalaches for 2007-2008! Like Bernard in Shawinigan!!

I like this web site and I will do everything in my power to help Qc riders in their trip planning. I like the fact that our two countries can help each other........ not like our governments & the ''libre-échange'' =@

If I can help only one person, It will be worth it !! :clapping::yahoo::drinks:

All the best!

It was nice talking to you too. You will not regret riding there. My advice would be stay away from the hubub of St Zenon etc.. The real Quebec riding is away from the popular areas. Do youself a favor and plan a ride around the Gaspe. It will certainly be a trip you wont forget. It's an easy to plan route and easy to follow with fantastic scenery.

The riding just over the border of Jackman ME is great. It's even greater as you get east of Beauce and gets close to perfection as you enter the Gaspe region. Then as an experienced Quebecer you can explore the north side up by Saguaney and realize it gets even better!!!!

Just post any questions on here and everyone will be glad to help. I hope to get over to your club in NH this year too... Maybe a few day rides with the wife......

• 2 weeks later...
Here you go, the glaciers on a bad year but a great weekend taking my son of 6 , now 8, up there for the 1st time and a great weekend with Friends!

Very cool!! :good: :good:

It's already two years that you did not come to see us ... you neglected us a lot! :lol: :lol: :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
I will venture to guess you will spot me burning up thru 55 (Trail 55 but you may spot me at bar 55 at some point too) a time or 2 this year

Hope to see you on the 55 or IN the Bar 55..... :drinks:

If you ride this year on our location, send me a mp!

All the best!